Re: using Astra Zeneca Vaccine

Banana7

4 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Mild or moderate side effects from a vaccine are normal. In fact, it means the vaccine isworking and your body is learning how to fight off the real virus.

It begs the question has your body reacted? Maybe it didn't work?

Not sure why, but doctors do not recommend testing to see if it has worked??????

I felt where the injection was and when you touched it, I could feel it was strange.. but else I not felt anything strange.
But also with other things I always a person who felt no side effects... or maybe in my feeling some small effect for me felt like nothing.. Not sure as a feeling is a feeling and can't really be measured. 

I never had a strong headache in my whole life but as I told what is strong headache? I have sometimes but for my feelings it's a mild one.. so therefor I never used a pain killer for headache..

I will see after the second shot, which should be begin of august (8 weeks after first shot).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HampiK said:

I felt where the injection was and when you touched it, I could feel it was strange.. but else I not felt anything strange.
But also with other things I always a person who felt no side effects... or maybe in my feeling some small effect for me felt like nothing.. Not sure as a feeling is a feeling and can't really be measured. 

I never had a strong headache in my whole life but as I told what is strong headache? I have sometimes but for my feelings it's a mild one.. so therefor I never used a pain killer for headache..

I will see after the second shot, which should be begin of august (8 weeks after first shot).

Good luck........chances are you should be okay.......certainly better than no shot, which is most of us on here!!!!!!!

Edited by Surelynot
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Surelynot said:

Good luck........chances are you should be okay.......certainly better than no shot, which is most of us on here!!!!!!!

Yes, I read it every day.. and think it's a shame what's happening with the vaccine appointments here. My wife complains a lot about some persons involved with this disaster !

I first not want AZ/Sinovac.. and only registered for Moderna in October (I still have that one for myself and my wife).

As we are also not that old (48 myself and 41 my wife) so we were very lucky with the appointment.

1 minute ago, HampiK said:

Yes, I read it every day.. and think it's a shame what's happening with the vaccine appointments here. My wife complains a lot about some persons involved with this disaster !

I first not want AZ/Sinovac.. and only registered for Moderna in October (I still have that one for myself and my wife).

As we are also not that old (48 myself and 41 my wife) so we were very lucky with the appointment.

I jumped in and booked the first and only appointment I could find.......... sinovac next week, if it goes ahead.......and booked for Moderna later in the year.......apparently you need a 6 month gap between different vaccines......fingers crossed.

2 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

I jumped in and booked the first and only appointment I could find.......... sinovac next week, if it goes ahead.......and booked for Moderna later in the year.......apparently you need a 6 month gap between different vaccines......fingers crossed.

I wish you lucky with your appointment next week (I mean that you can become it)...

This my big question right now..

I already read first shot AZ second shot Pfizer for example they told should be even better than 2 shots from same vaccine... but don't know with mix of others.. or what happen if you had both shots from same vaccine and then want a second shot from another one like Moderna.
I think we will hear a lot in the next few months about mixing vaccines.. and or have other vaccines

I wish you lucky with your appointment next week (I mean that you can become it)...

This my big question right now..

I already read first shot AZ second shot Pfizer for example they told should be even better than 2 shots from same vaccine... but don't know with mix of others.. or what happen if you had both shots from same vaccine and then want a second shot from another one like Moderna.
I think we will hear a lot in the next few months about mixing vaccines.. and or have other vaccines

Trails have been on going for sometime, in the UK at least, with this mix and match approach, but haven't heard anything for a while.

3 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Trails have been on going for sometime, in the UK at least, with this mix and match approach, but haven't heard anything for a while.

Many EU countries, and Canada, are now giving second dose mRNA vaccine to people whose first dose was AZ (at least if below a certain age)

Been doing it for a while now

The formal study of it is ongoing in UK

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

US CDC recommends that in the case 2nd shot is different vaccine than the 1st, should be given according to the schedule of the 1st. So for example if first dose was AZ then next dose, regardless of vaccine type, should be 4 - 12 weeks thereafter.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Sheryl said:

US CDC recommends that in the case 2nd shot is different vaccine than the 1st, should be given according to the schedule of the 1st. So for example if first dose was AZ then next dose, regardless of vaccine type, should be 4 - 12 weeks thereafter.

Oh...very interesting.....thank you.

25 minutes ago, HampiK said:

.. and only registered for Moderna in October (I still have that one for myself and my wife).

And , how and where did you register for Moderna in October ?  we can register now for it ? 

7 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Oh...very interesting.....thank you.

That is assumingh you refer to a 2nd dose. If you mean an adiditonal dose having already received 2 dose of soemthing else then yes that would be about 6 month interval or more

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Aforek said:

And , how and where did you register for Moderna in October ?  we can register now for it ? 

we go by a small clinic which depends somehow to the Thonburi Hospital coorperation.
We register about 1 month ago with the clinic... after that there was a big registration at Thonburi hospital direct. Our reservation still in place... but no garantee for october.

we go by a small clinic which depends somehow to the Thonburi Hospital coorperation.
We register about 1 month ago with the clinic... after that there was a big registration at Thonburi hospital direct. Our reservation still in place... but no garantee for october.

Did you get an actual appointment?......I registered via Line, but never heard from them again.

4 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

That is assumingh you refer to a 2nd dose. If you mean an adiditonal dose having already received 2 dose of soemthing else then yes that would be about 6 month interval or more

So that mean, if I would know that the moderna vaccine comes to Thailand in august/september I could change to this vaccine instead using the second shot of AZ. As soon I have my second AZ shot in August I had to wait 6 month minimum to change to moderna from AZ! Mean begin of next year earliest

1 minute ago, Surelynot said:

Did you get an actual appointment?......I registered via Line, but never heard from them again.

No. ???? till now only confirmation that my registration is on file. They will reply as soon they have better information.
Actually at the moment they can't give any dates as they don't know when the vaccine is coming.

As I just wrote back to Sheryl... if the vaccine comes early I could change to moderna after my first shot of AZ.... let's hope.. hope dies the last.. but dies as well....

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

6 month interval or more after the second dose?

As far as is known, yes. Beyond second dose will be a booster. booster schedule is not yet known but looks like it will be not less than 6 months, maybe longer

Does nto necessarily mean any harm to getting booster sooner, just no data on it. The focus of research is on determining when a booster is needed, not on whether there is harm to getting it earlier

I may end up getting a 3rd dose within 1-2 monthso f the second if I cannot solve the problem of getting roof of vaccination in US with 1st does having been given in Thailand, and AZ at that

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HampiK said:

So that mean, if I would know that the moderna vaccine comes to Thailand in august/september I could change to this vaccine instead using the second shot of AZ. As soon I have my second AZ shot in August I had to wait 6 month minimum to change to moderna from AZ! Mean begin of next year earliest

Based on best knowledge available yes you could do this. But whether this would enable you to get a certificate of full vaccination/ vaccinbe "passport"  from Thai authorities, I don't know

• Thanks 1