Poll: Majority of Thais not confident govt can vaccinate 50 million people this year

webfact

2pm.jpg

File photo

A Suan Dusit University poll conducted last week showed that 57.61% of Thais have no confidence in the government's claim they will inject 100 million doses into the arms of 50 million people by the end of this year. 

The reason for this - said 77.87% of respondents - is there simply is not enough vaccine. 

Overall just over a third - 36.36% - had no confidence in the vaccine rollout.

More than three quarters called for the government to get more supplies. 

34% didn't agree with plans to offer a vaccine of choice for a fee while 37.38% were not interested in being vaccinated in this way, reported Bangkok Business News

The poll asked questions under a banner of "Confidence of Thais in the vaccine program". The views of 1,450 people were gathered from June 7th to 10th, 2021. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-06-14

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Only 1450 surveyed but still it is a damning indictment of the failure and hubris of this ramshackle government. 

And they were government supporters too!!!!5555????????????????????????????????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

A Suan Dusit University poll conducted last week showed that 57.61% of Thais have no confidence in the government's claim they will inject 100 million doses into the arms of 50 million people by the end of this year. 

so the majority of Thais and + 1 farang have absolutely no confidence on the government vaccination program and/or efficiency   555

• Like 1

I'm surprised  (nay! amazed!!) that its only 57.61% of Thais who have no confidence in the governments  aim to do 100 million inoculations by the ned of this year!

All the Thais I've spoken to (here in the U.K. and in Thailand) , have no confidence whatsoever! In fairness, that's only about 20 people in total...but they were unanimous in having zero confidence in this  statement.   

(well they were unanimous in having zero confidence  in the vast majority of statements  , they give out to be fair!).

Im not acquainted with any Thai  hi-so though.....so the folk I asked were just "normal" Thais..

Edited by welshguy
spelling
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Only 1450 surveyed but still it is a damning indictment of the failure and hubris of this ramshackle government. 

Yes but saying anonymously in a poll and actually being prepared to do anything about it are poles apart.

10 hours ago, webfact said:

"Thais have no confidence in the government's claim they will inject 100 million doses into the arms of 50 million people by the end of this year."

Well duh... I'm not even wasting my time trying to get a shot. Who knows what you would get.