Shipping, Kerry competitors

I used the Thai Post for shipping 16kg from Pattaya to BKK. 730 thb for shipping, another 240 for boxes and packing. 

Someone shipped it back with the same packing material via Flash Express. 210 thb. It hasn't arrived yet but presumably will tomorrow.

Is Flash express known to be the cheapest? I think I will use them next time.

Flash express is reliable and they have many shops throughout Thailand. They are newer compared to Kerry so they have lower fees to take some cuts of the market. 

Flash Express are considerably slower than Kerry, in my experience (and according to vendors with whom I've discussed the matter). 2-3 days from Bangkok to Chiang Mai instead of 1 day. But they're not as bad as NIM, who used to phone up and ask if they could come tomorrow whenever they had a package for me, sometimes 3 days in a row.

• Like 1

Yes that was my experience too. Kerry to Bkk takes one day, flash express took 3 days

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Hal65 said:

Yes that was my experience too. Kerry to Bkk takes one day, flash express took 3 days

What annoys me is that my packages often arrive at the Chiang Mai Flash Express depot the next day, in the morning, and then sit there for 24 hours until they can be bothered to deliver them. Kerry's prices have gone up a fair bit this year though so I can see why many vendors are looking at alternatives.

• Like 2
56 minutes ago, Hal65 said:

flash express took 3 days

'Flash' are being used to transport items to be returned. They pick up from your abode the next day the seller accepts your 'return' request. That is what I found. All you need to have is a downloaded 'return notification' to give to the driver along with the item. Far better than having to go to a Kerry drop off point. 

Edited by IvorBiggun2
9 hours ago, Mark1066 said:

What annoys me is that my packages often arrive at the Chiang Mai Flash Express depot the next day, in the morning, and then sit there for 24 hours until they can be bothered to deliver them. Kerry's prices have gone up a fair bit this year though so I can see why many vendors are looking at alternatives.

This was exactly my experience with Flash Express. it came after 1 day to Pattaya but took 2 extra days to deliver!

Flash Express needs to rebrand as Pause Express

9 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

'Flash' are being used to transport items to be returned. They pick up from your abode the next day the seller accepts your 'return' request. That is what I found. All you need to have is a downloaded 'return notification' to give to the driver along with the item. Far better than having to go to a Kerry drop off point. 

Yup, and this is what happens when they do a return

20 hours ago, Mark1066 said:

Flash Express are considerably slower than Kerry, in my experience (and according to vendors with whom I've discussed the matter). 2-3 days from Bangkok to Chiang Mai instead of 1 day.

The majority of parcels from Bangkok to Chiang Mai (I'm living in the city) take 2 days with Kerry, same as Flash Express or the Post office. Some arrive after one day, 3 days are an exception, applies to all three companies.

19 hours ago, Hal65 said:

Chiang Mai to Bangkok usually takes one day with Flash Express, occasionally two days.

Delays for whatever reason can of course happen with any company, but 3 days is definitely an exception.

19 hours ago, Mark1066 said:

That's a problem if you live in an area where they don't have many parcels, the driver only does one round through your neighborhood, and parcels arrive at the depot after the driver has already started his trip, so they stay there until the next day. But if you are in a hurry you can pick it up yourself at the depot.

In general delivery times with Flash Express are similar to Kerry while being considerably cheaper.

Flash offers an easy free pickup at home. They have the best tracking system and if there is any problem they are the easiest to solve it because they give you the direct mobile number of the delivery driver and the depot.

Edited by jackdd