Shipping, Kerry competitors

Hal65

I used the Thai Post for shipping 16kg from Pattaya to BKK. 730 thb for shipping, another 240 for boxes and packing. 

Someone shipped it back with the same packing material via Flash Express. 210 thb. It hasn't arrived yet but presumably will tomorrow.

Is Flash express known to be the cheapest? I think I will use them next time.

Flash Express are considerably slower than Kerry, in my experience (and according to vendors with whom I've discussed the matter). 2-3 days from Bangkok to Chiang Mai instead of 1 day. But they're not as bad as NIM, who used to phone up and ask if they could come tomorrow whenever they had a package for me, sometimes 3 days in a row.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Hal65 said:

Yes that was my experience too. Kerry to Bkk takes one day, flash express took 3 days

What annoys me is that my packages often arrive at the Chiang Mai Flash Express depot the next day, in the morning, and then sit there for 24 hours until they can be bothered to deliver them. Kerry's prices have gone up a fair bit this year though so I can see why many vendors are looking at alternatives.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Hal65 said:

flash express took 3 days

'Flash' are being used to transport items to be returned. They pick up from your abode the next day the seller accepts your 'return' request. That is what I found. All you need to have is a downloaded 'return notification' to give to the driver along with the item. Far better than having to go to a Kerry drop off point. 

Edited by IvorBiggun2

9 hours ago, Mark1066 said:

What annoys me is that my packages often arrive at the Chiang Mai Flash Express depot the next day, in the morning, and then sit there for 24 hours until they can be bothered to deliver them. Kerry's prices have gone up a fair bit this year though so I can see why many vendors are looking at alternatives.

This was exactly my experience with Flash Express. it came after 1 day to Pattaya but took 2 extra days to deliver!

Flash Express needs to rebrand as Pause Express

• Like 1

9 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

'Flash' are being used to transport items to be returned. They pick up from your abode the next day the seller accepts your 'return' request. That is what I found. All you need to have is a downloaded 'return notification' to give to the driver along with the item. Far better than having to go to a Kerry drop off point. 

Yup, and this is what happens when they do a return

20 hours ago, Mark1066 said:

Flash Express are considerably slower than Kerry, in my experience (and according to vendors with whom I've discussed the matter). 2-3 days from Bangkok to Chiang Mai instead of 1 day.

The majority of parcels from Bangkok to Chiang Mai (I'm living in the city) take 2 days with Kerry, same as Flash Express or the Post office. Some arrive after one day, 3 days are an exception, applies to all three companies.

19 hours ago, Hal65 said:

Yes that was my experience too. Kerry to Bkk takes one day, flash express took 3 days

Chiang Mai to Bangkok usually takes one day with Flash Express, occasionally two days.

Delays for whatever reason can of course happen with any company, but 3 days is definitely an exception.

19 hours ago, Mark1066 said:

That's a problem if you live in an area where they don't have many parcels, the driver only does one round through your neighborhood, and parcels arrive at the depot after the driver has already started his trip, so they stay there until the next day. But if you are in a hurry you can pick it up yourself at the depot.

In general delivery times with Flash Express are similar to Kerry while being considerably cheaper.

Flash offers an easy free pickup at home. They have the best tracking system and if there is any problem they are the easiest to solve it because they give you the direct mobile number of the delivery driver and the depot.

Edited by jackdd

• 9 months later...

It is the other way round here , Flash is 24 to 36 hours quicker than Kerry.

It is not the fault of the local Kerry office , it is the fact that it disappears into Kerry Bangkok for 24hrs or more before re-emerging a day or Two later.

On the last Two purchases the seller has used Kerry , I think their tracking bot is broken , even up until delivery the Kerry tracking states " cannot validate tracking number" I have contacted Kerry about this , but as usual , no reply.

Edited by NE1

Kerry

Flash Express

Best

Ninjavan

Seem to be the most prevelant (via Lazada anyway) as usual I dare say regions will vary.

Everytime I go to the Post Office (in the past month or so) its like a ghost ship !

• 2 months later...
10 minutes ago, NE1 said:

Last Two out of Three deliveries by Flash . 

"We are sorry the delivery today was unsuccessful

Due to recipient reschedule. You will be contacted by Flash Express for next attempt within 1-2 days"

What a load of rubbish. They are gradually going downhill in our area.

Why can't they just say they were busy , or the driver was tossin it off.

have found the same thing, home all day and no one turns up, can take several days from when it arrives in the local depot and when it is delivered it comes in someones private vehicle/bike, all total BS, they are not a good courier and I refuse to use them

• Like 1

On 6/22/2021 at 2:40 PM, Mark1066 said:

Kerry's prices have gone up a fair bit this year though so I can see why many vendors are looking at alternatives.

I wouldn't mind to pay the extra fee to use Kerry instead of the Others (oke Flash is also good, but doesn't come near Kerry with speed etc) if Lazada would give us the option to choose the delivery company!

There is one company out there (won't mention the name) that is absolutely taking the .... when it comes to delivery. Each time a seller uses this company the both of us get a "oooh no not again".

They call and they immediately hang up and then a Message comes in the Lazada app, recipient asked to re-schedule or recipient can't be reached ???????????? or another trick they pull, they call and say "ooh I misread the label and it's not on my route, will have another driver deliver it tmrw. Next day (sometimes) same ......... driver calls!

Because of this 1 company we are ordering a lot less.

Edit: I (and my wife in Thai) complained a lot to Lazada about this company and my wife who doesn't get mad easily but when that company called, they really got a mouthful from her.

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 2

On 6/22/2022 at 9:59 AM, KhunLA said:

Flash has been excellent lately, and good competition for Kerry.  

Don't think you can go wrong with either.

In our area Flash is really struggling getting delivery drivers.

We have a Flash "depot" approx 4kms from our home, but most of the deliveries we get (even a small package) comes with a pickup from the Main City in the area and that takes at a minimum a day extra for delivery!

34 minutes ago, MJCM said:

if Lazada would give us the option to choose the delivery company!

I think you do have that option on a similar site to Lazada.

It would be a great add.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NE1 said:

I think you do have that option on a similar site to Lazada.

It would be a great add.

You mean shopee?

If so, haven't seen it.

But must say do not order much via Shopee! (95% Lazada 5% Shopee)

On 6/22/2022 at 9:30 AM, NE1 said:

Last Two out of Three deliveries by Flash . 

"We are sorry the delivery today was unsuccessful

Due to recipient reschedule. You will be contacted by Flash Express for next attempt within 1-2 days"

What a load of rubbish. They are gradually going downhill in our area.

Why can't they just say they were busy , or the driver was tossin it off.

This happens to me all the time with Flash and it really annoys me. Also when Flash ring up and I answer my wife's phone when she is not available (I use my wife's number on my account, because my Thai is not good), they don't speak and then hang up. Kerry, Ninja & Best are all pretty good where I live (Buriram)

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

(I use my wife's number on my account, because my Thai is not good

As do I  , and when I tell her the story that somebody has said that it was her who rescheduled , she gets quite irate.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Kerry, Ninja & Best are all pretty good where I live (Buriram)

May I ask do you live near the city or more outside?

We live around 35km from Buriram City and at least 1 of them isn't any good where we live!

21 minutes ago, NE1 said:

As do I  , and when I tell her the story that somebody has said that it was her who rescheduled , she gets quite irate.

Same with my wife, my wife is calm itself, she is the real Buddha type, no kill animals (even a fly on Buddha days), after waking up listen to Monks, giving food to monks in the morning (waking up at 4am to do that and sometimes they don't walk past), go to etc etc

So not hurting a fly, but when that company in our case called, she got real angry and even telling them to they are lying etc and please re-organize your business, treat your customers with some respect etc etc

Edited by MJCM
SpElLiNg
  • Like 1

After 100s and 100s of deliveries in Pattaya with all the companies, I can say they are all pretty good except J&T............J&T is the pits, I have had many problems with them and they are slooooow....

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

After 100s and 100s of deliveries in Pattaya with all the companies, I can say they are all pretty good except J&T............J&T is the pits, I have had many problems with them and they are slooooow....

My wife's daughter uses them to send stuff to her clients but she only uses them because they are cheap.

But I told her, if you send stuff to us, USE Kerry and not J&T or any other!

We received a package from her in BKK and she send it with Kerry early afternoon Friday. Arrived at around noon on Saturday. That is absolutely good!!

On 6/23/2021 at 9:50 AM, jackdd said:

The majority of parcels from Bangkok to Chiang Mai (I'm living in the city) take 2 days with Kerry, same as Flash Express or the Post office. Some arrive after one day, 3 days are an exception, applies to all three companies.

Chiang Mai to Bangkok usually takes one day with Flash Express, occasionally two days.

Delays for whatever reason can of course happen with any company, but 3 days is definitely an exception.

That's a problem if you live in an area where they don't have many parcels, the driver only does one round through your neighborhood, and parcels arrive at the depot after the driver has already started his trip, so they stay there until the next day. But if you are in a hurry you can pick it up yourself at the depot.

In general delivery times with Flash Express are similar to Kerry while being considerably cheaper.

Flash offers an easy free pickup at home. They have the best tracking system and if there is any problem they are the easiest to solve it because they give you the direct mobile number of the delivery driver and the depot.

The parcels from Flash always arrive at the Chang Phueak branch around 6 or 7 in the morning. Are you suggesting their driver leaves on his rounds before 7am because I think that's quite unlikely? I think it's far more likely they simply can't be bothered to process the parcels the day they arrive. Also, as I stated, all the parcels I have had sent by Kerry took one day from Bangkok to Chiang Mai, not two. Your experience may have been different but it doesn't invalidate mine.

I'm more than willing to believe that you receive a better level of service from them than me though, as it does seem to be dependant on the local branch offices/depots. Since my original post, the local Kerry depot has gone to the dogs and I won't use them any more. Its Best Express or EMS for me these days.

Edited by Mark1066

Our Flash local distribution office is 15 klms from our house. 

I checked the status at 08:00hrs this morning , and the package had arrived at 07:30hrs.

As I had to go out all day , I left the Wifey to deal with the delivery.

I returned home about 17:00hrs , no package delivered , checked status ,

still sat there from 07:30hrs this morning.

Jeez , if I had known I would have gone and picked it up myself.

I don't know what is happening to Flash , it used to be head and shoulders above the rest in our district.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, NE1 said:

Our Flash local distribution office is 15 klms from our house. 

I checked the status at 08:00hrs this morning , and the package had arrived at 07:30hrs.

As I had to go out all day , I left the Wifey to deal with the delivery.

I returned home about 17:00hrs , no package delivered , checked status ,

still sat there from 07:30hrs this morning.

Jeez , if I had known I would have gone and picked it up myself.

I don't know what is happening to Flash , it used to be head and shoulders above the rest in our district.

Exactly. That's standard practice for Flash, in my personal experience. Every single time.

With Kerry, on the other hand, they always used to deliver it the same day, even if it didn't arrive until lunchtime. Now though, they do things like mark a parcel out for delivery when it isn't, then claim they've lost my address when I phone to find out what's happened. After two similar incidents, I normally just ask sellers to use EMS instead (if Kerry is their regular option). None have refused so far.

• Like 1

We have just started getting Ninja Van deliveries.

Too early to comment on their efficiency , but their tracking system needs altering.

Other companies tracking shows you where your package is , not Ninja , it just tells you that it is on the move , don't know where to , but on the move.

Screenshot 2022-07-06 at 16.46.02.png