1-2-call Prefix Number

farmerdave

Can anyone tell me the prefix number to dial using a 1-2-call sim from uk before the thai number? If not what about a number i can call from uk to contact 1-2-call to find out. My phone recieves international calls, but won't let me dial out. Looked on AIS website, but can't find anything..........

Can anyone tell me the prefix number to dial using a 1-2-call sim from uk before the thai number? If not what about a number i can call from uk to contact 1-2-call to find out. My phone recieves international calls, but won't let me dial out. Looked on AIS website, but can't find anything..........

Beats me why you would want to use a Thai SIM to call out from UK, as a 5 quid UK SIM and one of the numerous 3p/min services for calls to Thailand would do the trick, eg. 08445662662 - then dial 0066+thai number.

However, if money wasting is your thing, simply dial +66 instead of the initail '0' and then the thai number. This will get you through and run up that bill!

I'm guessing that you have a One-2-Call pre-paid SIM and are currently in the U.K.?

If so you have to enable international roaming first. This can be done by registering with AIS/One-2-Call (1175/02 271 9000/[email protected]). Perhaps you've already done this?

Tariffs are quite high when roaming: a call to Thailand is 55 baht/min., an incoming call is 55 baht/min. and a local call you make is 74.26 baht/min.

To make a call to Thailand you don't really dial, you send a text message: *131*66815551212# send, then wait for the phone to ring back.

BTW, if you have a scratch card you can do a balance refill (top-up) when roaming internationally: *120*PIN 13 digits# send

So if you need to top up carry a spare card with you or have a friend still in Thailand purchase one and give you the PIN.

Agree it's almost always best to purchase a local SIM.