Air Asia

pazza

Hi all,

Ok forget the title for a moment and all will be revealed later. :D

Can anyone tell me, is Tuesday 11 December 2007 a special day (Thailand or Malaysia) if it is it would explain the second part of this post.

I want to book a return flight with Air Asia, from Udon Thani to BKK, you guessed it 11/12/07 Tuesday, what I would call mid-week.

Now a few weeks ago they offered flights for 91 baht one way, so I thought "good price" go for it. :o

Now (eventually) the point, every date I put in around the 11th was 91 baht even the return date (14th dec) was 91baht.

Why is the 11th December 1050 baht :D

Flights now are 399 baht but 11th December is still 1050 baht, don't get me wrong 1050 baht itself is a reasonable price but why just that one day, I could understand at weekend the price could go up but a Tuesday (a mystery, to me anyway). :D

Ps. If my first question was answered and it is a special day please do not read the rest of the post, don't waste you time.

Thanks for any replies. :D

Steve :bah:

I can see only 2 explanations.

-11 december 1972 - Apollo 17 becomes the sixth mission to land on the Moon

-11 december 1998 - A Thai Airways Airbus A310-200 crashes near Surat Thani Airport

:o

Or.... it could be because 10 december is a public holiday (Constitution Day).

By the way, i hope that by 10 december 2007, we will have... a new one. I mean a constitution.

:D

These very cheap tickets are loss leaders.

There will only be a certain number available on any one day,

possibly none if the airline thinks they can sell the seats at higher prices

due to holiday etc.

Just choose a different day to travel.

PS Prices sometimes drop at the last minute as the airline struggles to sell the seats. :o

Can anyone tell me, is Tuesday 11 December 2007 a special day (Thailand or Malaysia)

It's the day after a three-day weekend holiday. Fares are probably (initially) higher because they know more people will want to make advance plans for travel.