Thammanat elected as PPRP secretary-general

webfact

If this can happen at the very top, what chance have we got when the tide turns against us, as individuals and expats collectively? 

It's a rhetorical question.

Yes it is Thailand being Thailand as usual but it should make you take a step back and re-evaluate your position here if you are considering doing business with these people, investing or even retiring here.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Being groomed to run for PM, this is just to much to even believe a convicted heroin smuggler can be in a position of power at all. Unbelievable.

It was not Heroin, and the 4 Years he spent in Oz , were as a guest

Something positive has to come from this surely?

Here is a hint,whoever needs to get police clearance in order to get a visa or work

permit,just remind them the crime did not happen in Thailand.

Should work right?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Charged with rape and murder, four years in jail for drug smuggling.........having a spare wife was never going to be a problem

Appears to be a requirement for an impressive CV to reach your goal in Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Excel said:

Appears to be a requirement for an impressive CV to reach your goal in Thailand.

Did you slip up with your spelling?

Did you mean gaol, or goal?

Because Thammanat is familiar with the first one i mentioned.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

If this can happen at the very top, what chance have we got when the tide turns against us, as individuals and expats collectively? 

It's a rhetorical question.

Yes it is Thailand being Thailand as usual but it should make you take a step back and re-evaluate your position here if you are considering doing business with these people, investing or even retiring here.

You, like me, are pretty heavily invested here.

If you weren't, or you could easily sell out and move elsewhere, would you?

I would, and I am starting to unravel some of my anchor lines currently.

• Thanks 1

What I do not get is the fact, that Thais are absolutely teflon-coated on such subjects. 
In most other countries there would be a public outcry, the party in general and the gentleman in particular would be toast forever. 

Thailand is heading full steam, without brake pads, into its chosen abyss and we will see in a year or so, how splendid the leaders of the Land have fared. For sure nobody will leave poorer and everything will be whitewashed - as usual. 

But then again, it is the Land of the Thais and if they like to get manure-covered without a single comment ....... their choice!