SCB EZ Savings

10 hours ago, gamb00ler said:

I'm not surprised that tax is still being withheld despite you having provided the banks your tax ID.  When I took my tax ID card to my other two banks, there was considerable discussion amongst the staff as to what they should do with it.  At one branch I think it was only the branch manager that understood what should be done.  At the other bank, they called their support number at HQ to get the proper procedure going.  In the end it was successful for all accounts. Another poster said fixed deposit accounts would always have tax withheld.  I shall see at the next renewal.

I really blame the employers in Thailand for not investing enough time/money into training their staff well.  In my software career in the West, I was always provided substantial training on the job,  mentoring and often sent to courses and symposia relevant to my responsibilities.

I'm not sure I understand your last statement but I do not have 10M in banks in Thailand.

Thanks for the detailed answer. 300 -400 baht is deducted from my A/c as tax per year.

Its not worth my time to visit RD and claim it back, I let it go.

Wisdom A/c is a Wealth A/c for High Net Worth individuals who have AUM (Assets Under Management) of 10M baht. With this A/c you get lot of perks. So, I guessed you may be wealth client.

????

22 hours ago, Chris.B said:

Thanks for the info. I found the following thread about the interest

A regular Krungsri savings account pays 0.25% interest.

Mee Tae Dee pays 1% but you are limited to 2 free withdrawals per month.

So best to have both with the bulk of your money in the Mee Tae Dee and do an online transfer once a month or a second time if the need arises.  Have the debit card attached to everyday low interest account.

• Like 1