Mixing Vaccines

DogNo1

An article published today on Bloomberg Prognosis states that mixing vaccines produces a more robust immune response than multiple shots of the same vaccine.  Knowing this, I would not hesitate to get an injection of Sinopharm and follow up with a shot of the AstraZeneca or Moderna Vaccine.  A local newspaper reports that one million doses of Sinopharm will be imported today and be ready for use on Friday.  I don't know if any doses will be available for foreigners, but if there are, I will get a dose of Sinopharm and hope to get an injection of the Moderna from Bumrungrad in October.

'If anyone would like to read this article, send me a PM of your email address and I will forward it to you.

BTW, where is the AstraZeneca?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

According to medical advice in Australia it is a no no

That probably just means don't have a need to do that.  At least not yet.  There are various studies that say it's perfectly fine and several countries have approved it.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, shdmn said:

That probably just means don't have a need to do that.  At least not yet.  There are various studies that say it's perfectly fine and several countries have approved it.

Well I don't think I will get vaccinated at all, don't get me wrong I am not an anti vaccer I just had my flu shot done and where i live live we have zero covid-19 I most properly die on the effect of the vaccine before I die on covid 

21 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

Well I don't think I will get vaccinated at all, don't get me wrong I am not an anti vaccer I just had my flu shot done and where i live live we have zero covid-19 I most properly die on the effect of the vaccine before I die on covid 

Where I come from we call that an anti-vaxxer.  Just because you think a flu shot is ok doesn't automatically make you a card carrying pro-vaxxer. ????

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

That's likley because it had not been tried out when they made that decision so they covered their butts and said no.  Evidence is now coming out through trials that mixing vaccines gets the thumbs up.

1 hour ago, shdmn said:

Where I come from we call that an anti-vaxxer.  Just because you think a flu shot is ok doesn't automatically make you a card carrying pro-vaxxer. ????

So I got all shots for flu, rabies, malaria and others and you call me an anti vaccer? What planet you live on?

22 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

When any individual regulatory authority has not yet been able to review the data for a particular vaccine regimen, they will not recommend it.

If and when they have reviewed the evidence and concluded that it is safe and effective, they will.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer

What I understood from earlier news is that Thailand doesn't approve mixed vaccines to enter Thailand via sandbox or easier quarantine. I'd go for a vaccine that is fully approved first and get a proper certificate. Then if there is enough evidence that moderna/pfizer jab is good addition on top of AZ or sinovac, I'll try to get it as well.