Letter-Immigration-Buy Car

PFMills

perhaps I can be educated here since having bought & registered in my name a ( used) car on Visa Exempt status in 2017, and properties here on Visa Exempt in 2004 & 2006, what has Imm. got to do with legally owning and registering a car or anything here ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

On 6/21/2021 at 8:29 PM, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

perhaps I can be educated here since having bought & registered in my name a ( used) car on Visa Exempt status in 2017, and properties here on Visa Exempt in 2004 & 2006, what has Imm. got to do with legally owning and registering a car or anything here ?

because one has to get certificate of residency to buy car. I had to last yr when i got new triton

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, tinca tinca said:
On 6/21/2021 at 8:29 PM, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

Expand  

because one has to get certificate of residency to buy car. I had to last yr when i got new triton

But, it does seem that some people, WhiteBuffaloATM, for example, are lucky to have special exemptions from those Cert of Residence/WP requirements that the rest of us have to comply with in order to register vehicles in our names!   C'est la vie.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

23 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

But, it does seem that some people, WhiteBuffaloATM, for example, are lucky to have special exemptions from those Cert of Residence/WP requirements that the rest of us have to comply with in order to register vehicles in our names!   C'est la vie.

Don't know about WP exemption, but maybe, as myself, they are PR and the no need for Cert of Res.

29 minutes ago, jomtienisgood said:
48 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Don't know about WP exemption, but maybe, as myself, they are PR and the no need for Cert of Res.

He said that he was here visa exempt, not with PR.  I believe a WP is an acceptable alternative to the CoR.

5 hours ago, Ralf001 said:
5 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

He said that he was here visa exempt, not with PR.  I believe a WP is an acceptable alternative to the CoR.

Not all WP's have an address in them.

Didn't say that they did, I said that I believe LTD officers will accept a WP as an alternative to CoR.

9 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Didn't say that they did, I said that I believe LTD officers will accept a WP as an alternative to CoR.

The certificate of residence is required... to provide an address.

Some work permits do not have an address, they do not satisfy the requirements of the Land transport Department and are not accepted.

Anything I've written above do you not understand ?

15 hours ago, Ralf001 said:
15 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The certificate of residence is required... to provide an address.

Some work permits do not have an address, they do not satisfy the requirements of the Land transport Department and are not accepted.

Anything I've written above do you not understand ?

Can you not read any of what I've written?   

I said that I believe LTD officers will accept a WP as an alternative to CoR.   I believe that is correct (regardless of whether the WP shows an address).

31 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Can you not read any of what I've written?   

I said that I believe LTD officers will accept a WP as an alternative to CoR.   I believe that is correct (regardless of whether the WP shows an address).

Which part of they only accept IF THEY HAVE AN ADDRESS is it that you are struggling to understand ?

22 hours ago, jomtienisgood said:

I would think so as you are stated  as residing in there... 

I have a yellow book and pink ID card and my local DLT office in Chiang Mai Province still require the certificate of residence even for renewing the driving licence

20 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Which part of they only accept IF THEY HAVE AN ADDRESS is it that you are struggling to understand ?

Ok, as you typed in bolded, underlined capitals you must be right, I suppose!   

FYI, some LTDs do accept WP in the absence of a CoR, whether you like it, or understand it or not. 

1 hour ago, StevieAus said:

I have a yellow book and pink ID card and my local DLT office in Chiang Mai Province still require the certificate of residence even for renewing the driving licence

Not in CNX - Hang Dong - late last year

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Ok, as you typed in bolded, underlined capitals you must be right, I suppose!   

FYI, some LTDs do accept WP in the absence of a CoR, whether you like it, or understand it or not. 

They accept a document that does not have an address in it as proof of an address.

Yeah righto.

2 hours ago, StevieAus said:

Same as usual... different province / City = Different rules / requirements...