Jump to content

Phuket restaurants given green light to serve alcohol


webfact

Recommended Posts

r1.jpg

File photo for reference only

 

Restaurants in Phuket have been given permission to serve alcoholic beverages with food, the Phuket Covid Information Center announced on Monday (June 21).

 

The sale and consumption of alcoholic beverages or liquor is allowed in restaurants up to 11pm, the announcement read.

 

The easing of a host of other restrictions were also announced with department stores, convenience stores, shopping malls, gyms, fitness centres and beauty salons all given permission to reopen as normal.

 

Cinemas, amusement parks and water parks can also reopen between the hours of 6am and 8pm.

 

Socialising and drinking on beaches and other public places can take place in accordance with the law.

 

However, events of more than 200 people are still prohibited.

 

Private parties such as birthday parties, housewarming parties, including traditional ceremonies such as funerals, ordination and  weddings can take place providing there are adequate preventive measures to reduce the risk of infection and the events comply with other relevant laws.

 

Phuket on Monday was officially downgraded to a ‘yellow zone’ with the relaxing of measures coming just days before the island reopens to international tourists.

 

The relaxation of measures detailed above are effective immediately.

 

14 night Phuket Sandbox hotel rooms from ฿9,800

 

 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-06-22
 
Link to post
Share on other sites

Can only have a beer if you order food, OK lets see how this goes down, this has to be down to the owners to control this new rule they didn't do to well last time some owners abused it last time where I live

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh no

This is not the plan, Thailand doesn’t want any tourists

Oh no

That means people will have a good time

We cant be having that

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

Can only have a beer if you order food, OK lets see how this goes down, this has to be down to the owners to control this new rule they didn't do to well last time some owners abused it last time where I live

Sure.  Order one chicken wing, nurse it for hours, and order 10 beers good to go.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

Sure.  Order one chicken wing, nurse it for hours, and order 10 beers good to go.


Most of the places that have been serving alcohol on the sly have asked for some kind of token food to be in front of you. Chicken wings and Breadsticks seem to be the most popular 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Moncul said:


Most of the places that have been serving alcohol on the sly have asked for some kind of token food to be in front of you. Chicken wings and Breadsticks seem to be the most popular 😉

 Often the food is free.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to know why all the special privileges for Phuket. I’ve lived here over 25 years and it’s always been the same, Phuket first and the rest of Thailand, including Bangkok, to follow later. What have the governors of Phuket got over the govt. for them to be awarded so many privileges above and beyond everywhere else? Even the new immigration rules start in Phuket rather than in Bangkok. I simply can’t understand why this small island has so many perks and privileges. Is it because the scammers are out in force and the govt. know that they can make money from any gullible tourists who want to go there? If so, why not open up and award pattaya the same privileges, simply because pattaya brings in far more money on a yearly basis than Phuket. Maybe someone can enlighten me as to what exactly is so special about this place….

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Falcon said:

I would love to know why all the special privileges for Phuket. I’ve lived here over 25 years and it’s always been the same, Phuket first and the rest of Thailand, including Bangkok, to follow later. What have the governors of Phuket got over the govt. for them to be awarded so many privileges above and beyond everywhere else? Even the new immigration rules start in Phuket rather than in Bangkok. I simply can’t understand why this small island has so many perks and privileges. Is it because the scammers are out in force and the govt. know that they can make money from any gullible tourists who want to go there? If so, why not open up and award pattaya the same privileges, simply because pattaya brings in far more money on a yearly basis than Phuket. Maybe someone can enlighten me as to what exactly is so special about this place….

If your going to experiment with Wuflu in kitty litter  best to do it well away from the rest of the Country. And Phuketians are well known for their alcohol tolerance and rigid self discipline!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Reminded of a US State selling pot is illegal but gifting is not..

so they sell really expensive cookies and such.... and a free gift bag...

Link to post
Share on other sites

"OMG.  The 4th Wave is coming for sure and will kill half of Phuket."
- Signed: Every doctor in Thailand aspiring for a photo-op and 15 minutes of fame

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...