Phuket Sandbox: First flights confirmed, 100,000 foreign tourists set to visit

webfact

So many comments on the 10,000/day, which was clearly an error, as several have pointed out. But even 1000/day will be an achievement with all the tests and paperwork required, and so much closed in Phuket. Never mind the government-ignored mafias!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DFPhuket said:

I'll be flying from the US and I can't imagine someone at Phuket airport looking at the location of my Covid result, figuring out the time zone of my test (Phuket is actually 12 hours ahead of where I am) and then doing the math to calculate what time  test the would need to be so it was 72 hours before my arrival. 

Amazing Thailand is replete with things one doesn't/wouldn't/shouldn't imagine. I didn't imagine they would contemplate a rule that you would have to show a marriage certificate during the sandbox if you wanted to stay with another person in your hotel or that they would up the number of PCR tests to four.

• Like 1

This is another TAT joke but how do they arrive at 100% confirmed? Hopefully it's 100% paid hotel booking + airline.

Of course not

Only 15000b in PCR testing for each tourist. What's not to love about Thailand??

Edited by kynikoi
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, ozfarang said:

What to expect on arrival in Phuket 

1309358893_ScreenShot2021-06-25at07_24_18.png.9186bb5b14e48baecf8a6f9a6e19b3d2.png956010892_ScreenShot2021-06-25at07_24_36.png.433654b4f9e8291ca173a503e806d3a3.png

I will go through all this mess because I need to go to Thailand this year, but not a single tourist will go to Phuket on those bases.

Only Thai citizens returning home, espouses of Thai citizens and foreign residents in Thailand will go.

• Like 2

the information about the covid test needing to be 72 hrs before ARRIVAL was cut and pasted  from Qatar airways site and was mentioned in two places in regards to Phuket flights IF! accurate that means the Qatar gate agent will determine if the timeline has been met and is not up to someone in Phuket who needs to figure out time zones and date changes. All the Qatar gate agent needs to do is figure out one time what the cutoff date and time for the test is to meet the 72 hr deadline and use  that information  to verify the passenger is in compliance

• Like 1

On 6/21/2021 at 9:55 PM, Susco said:

They probably bring them in like those Indian trains, with many passengers sitting on the roof?

I used to fly a lot in the U.S. as a salesman.  Always used the cheapest flights.  We called it "strapped to the wing" class.

image.png.8df9c75b9f867ed362315d3acf821aa6.png

• Haha 1

On 6/22/2021 at 8:52 AM, ChipButty said:

I read somewhere there is only 100 passengers on them flights 5 flights bringing 10k a day, maybe Im missing something

ChipButty  i think the thing your missing is the truth