VIDEO: Two insurgents killed after gun fight with security forces at resort in Pattani

webfact

5pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A video taken at the Awada Resort in Pattani in the far south of Thailand was more than three minutes long and featured the sound of dozens of rounds of gunfire. 

Holed up in the resort were three men believed to be involved in the death of three family members in April.

Security forces surrounded the resort - on the beach in Yaring district - at 3 am when there was ten minutes of shooting, reported Daily News.

By 5 am religious leaders were brought in to try and diffuse the situation.

5pm1.jpg

Picture: Daily News

The standoff came after a male trader, his daughter and a younger male relative were killed then set on fire on the way to sell their goods in Narathiwas in April. 

Thai media reported that two suspected insurgents were killed during the battle and a local fisherman was injured in the crossfire.

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-06-22

8 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Give it a few hours for 'Gun fight on Thailand tourist beach' to appear on other coutries TV and they can wipe 100,000's of thousands off the 'expected' opening figures for this year

the Pattani Sandbox is not happening any time soon???

1 hour ago, Golden Triangle said:

Why are they so krap at taking video ? That was out of focus the whole time, waste of time.

I'd bet we're looking at tiny section of a cropped video taken from a mile away.  That's where I'd have been taking the video from.  Stray bullets go a loooong way.

Were they really insurgents, or just run of the mill criminals?  You can never really tell when it's in the South.  

Either way, that's a lot of shooting for 3 bad guys holed up in a small, paper thin bungalow.

Edited by impulse

13 hours ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

“the resort” at Pattani ? For who, ISIS ?

Pattani mostly Muslim Malays....surely.no sane westerner within 200 kms ...... 

Well, I live in Narathiwat at less than 100 kms. Not saying I'm sane though ????

4 minutes ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

Marcel: was exagerating to make my point ! 

hoping you are in thailand proper, with thais , outside the occupied malay muslim lands......sheesh !

suppose Pattani popular with foreign muslims for vacations .......surely no westerners down there ?

The Three Provinces are obviously Thailand, but with a Malay muslim majority. I'd call it Thailand proper for sure, with the Thais actually being the occupiers.

And, yes, there are foreigners here, mostly Filipinos, Arabs and Africans. Westerners are rare, but there's a handful around. No dirty old sexpats though. Thank heavens.

Edited by MarcelV

majority meaning 99% perhaps ? 

only thais there are thai govt. presence ? hazard pay good ?

village headmen there hold public floggings, mutilations & beheadings after friday prayers do they ?

they would not permit any alcohol so no bars or nightclubs....except resorts

great 8th century living, all fun banned, females shackled ......

just like Saudi Arabia or Iran I suppose......

believe these malay lands were “ given “ to thailand by UK 120 years ago ?

• Haha 1