720 more “fancy” lamp posts worth 68 million Baht approved for Samut Prakan

webfact

9 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Must be some serious kickbacks to be had out of contracts like that.

Meanwhile folk are starving, bloody sick spending money on stupid lamp posts.

Good point.........thank God the UK has had the good sense to only order one £200 million yacht and two A350's during the pandemic....phew.....go Bunter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

and the local people of the sub-district want street lighting, especially in areas where there currently are no lamp posts.

after complaints of dogs weeing on their legs if they stand still for too long .. especially after dark .. 

• Haha 2

USD 2,230,000 would go a long long way to help people out, but what do they care as they probably are wealthy already. Here sin CM they have thrown more big baht down the toilette again paving roads that are perfectly fine. Now these several hundred millions of baht funding it is only maybe keeping the contractor with the road paving machinery and maybe 10 workers working. Total waste of money and this is just yet another round of paving as they have been doing it all over CM for the past 4 - 5 months +.

• Like 2

These 'Counselers' are all in it for the millions that will be creamed off and should all be fired but we know nothing will happen; they are just taking what they think is their right as they watch people further up the ladder helping themselves every day.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Screenshot_20210611-102740_LINE.jpg.180a1dcc851e7fab57418c86436e0750.jpg

I don't think those lights look 'suai' at all, with the solar panel sticking out the top.  No problem - those solar panels will disappear in the bat of an eye over the next few weeks, and reappear at grandma's shack in Issan....

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Surelynot said:

I don't see that you could ever have too many fancy lampposts.....bring them on. Thailand.....the hub of fancy lampposts.

I think I need 6 for my wall posts, they will look so much nicer that the rather dull white glass globes I currently have...... apparently I have to pay some guy 10,000 baht to be passed onto the next guy who wants 94,000 baht for each one.... a bargain. Any chance of a Covid jab to be included?

Edited by jacko45k
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, webfact said:

At a meeting of the council on Tuesday, 15 council members approved the controversial project, while five others objected and four abstained.

So 6 agreed, 5 objected and 4 abstained... carried?

Sign the order.

5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I think I need 6 for my wall posts, they will look so much nicer that the rather dull white glass globes I currently have...... apparently I have to pay some guy 10,000 baht to be passed onto the next guy who wans 94,000 baht for each one.... a bargain. Any chance of a Covid jab to be included?

Zero chance.

17 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Good point.........thank God the UK has had the good sense to only order one £200 million yacht and two A350's during the pandemic....phew.....go Bunter.

This is about Thailand and not the UK. Surely there is a UK chat group to express those distant and irrelevant views.

Edited by Benmart
  • Like 1