Bangrak almost back to normal

I was told that the governor of Suratthani was going to have a meeting today to announce alcohol yes or no.

The government have said that alcohol may be served in restaurants until 23.00 but .......

Provincial governors have the last say.

It would be nice if it is yes but the bars may have jumped the gun (openly).

This is all by mouth - nothing in writing. Hopefully khunPer will enlighten us when he hears something.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

ok. I am not a drinker though I have spent my time in bars... is 11 pm such a hardship? Can you not start earlier? 

The feeling is wrong, that's why it's called "nightlife"...????

PS: I don't drink (alcohol) when I attend the nightlife...????

I attend because of the feeling of the night, and it's especially the outdoor, open air feeling; i.e. temperaure, wind, moisture, and perhaps supplemented with some cosmic radiation - only the celestial beings know that - all mixed together with people, music, and atmosphere,  just like a summer music festival, or glorious happy hippie days, which makes it the magic it...????

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Sad news for all bars serving alcohol in Bangrak and Fisherman's...

Restaurants and beverages shops (which are not entertainment places) can serve alcohol again for consumption until 23:00 starting from tomorrow 25th June (2021), and until further changes.

205798053_336551861336457_2542098488231197348_n.jpg.e0161e157b2818393ba199baf659c319.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

ok. I am not a drinker though I have spent my time in bars... is 11 pm such a hardship? Can you not start earlier? 

My post was intended to pass on some news. I was not complaining about the closing time.

Edited by Tmoney
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

And i was just offering a suggestion though Khun Per had a wonderful answer for me... see above...

Actually, there is some scientific explanation as part of it, i.e. open air music festivals sounds much better at night, like for example at Glastonbury and Roskilde in Europe.

I have a background in pro audio, large speaker systems, actually the very ones that were used at both Glastonbury and Roskilde. It's a fact that the music sounds much better at night, than during daytime, but it took a while to find out why - apart from cosmic radiation caused by celestial beings. When I'm stating that, you shall bear in mind that the main stage on Glastonbury is shaped like a pyramid, which is not a coincidence, but a request from the initial inventor of the sound system used at Glastonbury, so "pyramid power" could both increase power for the sound pressure level, and also the sound quality. However, the inventor later got another idea from what officially was called "divine inspiration", but in reality was an extraterrestrial close encounter, which resulted in a new method of designing a speaker system for large concerts (yes, it's a very true story...????).

However, the scientific fact that makes an open air music festival sound better at night is, that the air temperature is lower than the temperature in the audience generated by the human beings there, producing a border between warmer air just around head-level in the audience, and the colder air above. Sound is airborne, actually speakers are just pushing and pooling the air, and sound travels well in cold air, which also contains less moisture, and with the speaker's dispersion pointing towards the audience, the sound travels perfect on the border between cold air and the warmer air, in level with the heads, and ears, of the audience, distributing the sound pressure more efficient at night than during a warm summer day. So that's why concerts at nights just sounds better...????

I live by the sea, some 11 kilometer in straight line from Haad Rin that is famous, or infamous depending of one's mood, for its open-air parties. The sea temperature are pretty stable around 28 centigrade, whilst the air temperature can fall little below that at night, especially when the stars shine bright during black moon. On that night they used (before Covid) to have a party on the middle of Haad Rin, Black moon Party, and always looking at the bright side of life, during clear black moon nights we got free music distributed across the water over to Samui, as the air temperature became little lower than the sea temperature, and if no wind to disturb the sound distribution, both the banging funky bass and the upper frequencies had a smooth 11 kilometers or so ride, traveling with the speed of little more than 1,200 kilometers an hour...????

If the bass booms became too funky to sleep, i.e. jumping involuntarily up and down on the spring mattress, I would just head out for a local Black Moon Party by Cheweng Lake View Arena, or where-ever the party was held that night...????

Something similar seems to happen between Ark Bar and the villas up Chaweng Noi hills...????

So nightlife is just that little bit better for us so-called B-people, which in Danish refers to beings that prefers to be awake at night, and sleep late in the morning...????

PS: Nothing wrong with A-people, the only difference is that they prefers to see the sunrise when they wake up, we B-people see the sunrise before we sleep...????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/24/2021 at 8:30 AM, Tmoney said:

Since Tuesday virtually all bars are now open and serving alcohol in Bangrak and Fisherman's.

They are however closing at 11 pm.

Those bars that are opening are only doing so by serving, or claiming to serve food. Sticking up a food menu doesn't really make a place a restaurant. The smaller bars that only serve alcohol are still not allowed to open.

20 hours ago, phetphet said:

Those bars that are opening are only doing so by serving, or claiming to serve food. Sticking up a food menu doesn't really make a place a restaurant. The smaller bars that only serve alcohol are still not allowed to open.

Indeed.

I was told by two (Thai) bar owners last night that they had applied for (and were granted) restaurant licences valid from July 1st, hence their opening now.

It remains to be seen whether or not they will, or are able, to supply food.

On 6/24/2021 at 8:08 PM, khunPer said:

The feeling is wrong, that's why it's called "nightlife"...????

PS: I don't drink (alcohol) when I attend the nightlife...????

I attend because of the feeling of the night, and it's especially the outdoor, open air feeling; i.e. temperaure, wind, moisture, and perhaps supplemented with some cosmic radiation - only the celestial beings know that - all mixed together with people, music, and atmosphere,  just like a summer music festival, or glorious happy hippie days, which makes it the magic it...????

Couldn't you just sip a diet Coke on your balcony ?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, tonray said:

Couldn't you just sip a diet Coke on your balcony ?

I never touch diet stuff...???? – and furthermore, my balcony don't have the feeling, i.e. "all mixed together with people, music, and atmosphere, just like a summer music festival, or glorious happy hippie days, which makes it the magic it"..!????????