7-Eleven rolls out price cuts to support pandemic measures

webfact

8 hours ago, webfact said:

The operator CP All (CPALL) said it will cut prices by up to 50 per cent on essential consumer goods, including IT products, from July to encourage household spending in the second half of the year.

So, not to save people money or help out with folks making ends meet at a difficult time and thus give CP a much needed image boost. Very poor choice of words and a change in personel at the PR department would be a good idea as an obvious positive spin opportunity glaring missed in spectacular fashion with that one.

• Like 2

Living in Bangkok we have struck on the perfect method of shopping........roadside bar, table at the front......as the two wheelers come by selling (almost) everything we need, the wife pops out and does our shopping.......compared to shopping at 7/11 we end up drinking for free.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

One reason for me going here . Cappu. 35 B . Oh and the pizza 99 B.

IMGP1909.JPG

IMGP1610.JPG

IMGP0014 (3).JPG

Thats looks really good.

Issan 7/11's didn't get that option.  I like there brownies when we travel.  Don't have that up here.

On 6/24/2021 at 4:04 PM, RichardColeman said:

Just Black Friday 6 months early ! Dumping the stuff they cannot sell.

I had an uncle Ed who owned a drug store, one of a chain (Rexall) in the U.S.. He would give cheesy Christmas gifts to the relatives.  One year an Aunt said "What didn't sell this year, ED?" as he was passing out gifts. 

On 6/24/2021 at 4:32 PM, Flying Saucage said:

When you have a monopoly, selling everything totally overpriced already and having a questionable reputation anyway, it's nothing but an dumb marketing trick to try to improve the image by temporarily giving a few percent discount.

And, who buys "essential consumer goods" at 7-eleven anyways? I assume they don't mean food with this. Maybe scissors and condoms?

7 has far from a monopoly. How about all the competition from Family Mart? Compared to the huge mark ups at 7/11 in my home country prices at their Thailand stores are comparable to the big grocery stores like Tesco or BigC. On my first trip to Thailand in 2008 Nestle water sold for ฿7 for a 500ml bottle at 7. Has it gone up?