Phuket vaccination push riddled with confusion and claims

webfact

Received my first jab (AZ) today in Karon. Had an appointment for 10am and got there 15 minutes earlier. It was packed. Hundreds of people, mostly Burmese. 

My feeling is that people do not follow the appoint schedule. Took 3 hours to navigate through the crowd. 

Either they gave everyone the same appointment time or are disregarding whether one is there at proper date and time. 

Otherwise it was well organized.

In the end I was given a appointment for the second jab 12 weeks away which I think is beyond the recommended 10 week limit. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Another fiasco.

Phuket Jeaprody.

"I'll take Idioms for 1000!"

The sun rises in the East, sets in the West, and Thailand screws up more vaccines rollouts.

"
What is 'A Sure Thing?'"

<ding ding ding ding>
And our new champion!!!

• Like 1

On 6/25/2021 at 4:23 PM, hotchilli said:

Another fiasco.

Correct. 

However one thing is a given. Come July 1, Phuket will be 70% vaccinated*.

Vaccinated will mean has received one Jab. Also the population of Phuket will be 'adjusted'

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/25/2021 at 10:22 PM, oldcpu said:

I suspect there are others who have a different better experience.  My 1st vaccine jab at Karon Orchid Spa this morning was well organized and proceed well. 

So currently you are counted as being 'vaccinated'? 

I suggest you are not untill after your second jab by couple of weeks. So that's approx 12 weeks time? 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Correct. 

However one thing is a given. Come July 1, Phuket will be 70% vaccinated*.

Vaccinated will mean has received one Jab. Also the population of Phuket will be 'adjusted'

My wife read yesterday on a local Thai website that 78% of Phuket residents had received 1 jab and 61% 2 jabs.  I don't know what are the percentages of Sinovac, Sinopharm, and AstraZeneca inside those figures.

My view? Clearly Phuket is not going to be swamped with 10s of thousands of tourists on 1 July, so if it takes 1 or 2 weeks more to reach the 70% goal, so what? It will take time for tourist numbers to ramp up.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

So currently you are counted as being 'vaccinated'? 

I suggest you are not untill after your second jab by couple of weeks. So that's approx 12 weeks time? 

So what? It will take time for tourist numbers to ramp up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldcpu said:

So what? It will take time for tourist numbers to ramp up.

Your missing the point.

Thai are gold medal winners when it comes to making ridiculous announcements.....In this instance "Phuket will be 70% fully vaccinated by July 1".

Preposterous.

What makes even more ridiculous is that there is no press/news reports to bring them to account. 

Your comment re number of tourists by July 1 is irrelevant. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Your comment re number of tourists by July 1 is irrelevant. 

No. You miss the point.

It's very relevant.

If 10s of thousands of tourists were to suddenly decend on Phuket on 1 July that 70% goal of vaccinated would be very important.

But if few tourists come initially then Phuket can ramp up it's vaccination at a slower pace.

Edited by oldcpu
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Thai are gold medal winners when it comes to making ridiculous announcements.....In this instance "Phuket will be 70% fully vaccinated by July 1".

I couldn't disagree more.

Setting ambitious goals in life is a good way to move forward and get things done, even if the precise timing and details of the goals are never exactly achieved.

More often than not the one who sets no goals or sets only easy lazy goals achieves little to nothing.

The one who does nothing never makes mistakes, and it's pretty clear why.

Canada, Australia, New Zealand are closed to foreign tourists. Thailand may not get many foreign tourists but at least Thailand is trying. That trying by Thailand is a lot more than what I can say for the international tourism sectors in Canada, Australia and New Zealand that have little hope in sight at present for foreign tourists.

Edited by oldcpu

1 minute ago, oldcpu said:

Setting ambitious goals in life is a good way to move forward and get things done, even if the precise timing and details of the goals are never exactly achieved.

Come on ....your using life guidance plans that have nothing to do with how this country is handling the covid situation.

Just pick 1 (I could name many).

The government clearly stated that they would reach 70% vaccination in 120 days.

(not Phuket) but for Thailand.

That was going to require 500k Vax per day. Absolutely ridiculous claim in every way. Sunday vaccinations were in the 70k.

They are sooo far behind the impossible goal that they set. It's laughable.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Come on ....your using life guidance plans that have nothing to do with how this country is handling the covid situation.

No .. it has everything to do with how to handle larger in scope situations.

Yesterday's numbers in Phuket of 78% with 1 jab and 61% with 2 jabs is pretty good.

Phuket is proceeding on 1 July ... Now Canada? New Zealand? Australia? They have no ambitious goals and there is no possibly of international tourism there at present.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, oldcpu said:

Phuket is proceeding on 1 July ... Now Canada? New Zealand? Australia? They have no ambitious goals and there is no possibly of international tourism there at present

A joke? 

The countries you mention are not stupid to desire international tourism. 

As for your figures regarding Phuket vaccinations .....another fairy tale.

Outta this ping pong chat. Can only lead a horse to water......

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

The countries you mention are not stupid to desire international tourism.

really?  shows how little you have travelled in the International resorts of those countries

37 minutes ago, oldcpu said:

really?  shows how little you have travelled in the International resorts of those countries

Please stop misinformation.

Google "can non Australians visit Australia".

I'm Oz and trust me your completely I'll informed.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Please stop misinformation.

Google "can non Australians visit Australia".

I'm Oz and trust me your completely I'll informed.

Some references for you:

Australia Official Says Borders May Not Open Until Later in 2022

and

https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert/coronavirus-covid-19-restrictions/coronavirus-covid-19-advice-for-international-travellers

Australia’s borders are closed. The only people who can travel to Australia are:

• Australian citizens
  • permanent residents
  • immediate family members
  • travellers who have been in New Zealand for at least the 14 days before the date of departure. This does not include the Realm Countries of the Cook Islands and Niue.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, oldcpu said:

Some references for you:

Australia Official Says Borders May Not Open Until Later in 2022

and

https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert/coronavirus-covid-19-restrictions/coronavirus-covid-19-advice-for-international-travellers

Australia’s borders are closed. The only people who can travel to Australia are:

• Australian citizens
  • permanent residents
  • immediate family members
  • travellers who have been in New Zealand for at least the 14 days before the date of departure. This does not include the Realm Countries of the Cook Islands and Niue.

These were your words earlier.

. Now Canada? New Zealand? Australia? They have no ambitious goals and there is no possibly of international tourism there at present.

And I replied that they have NO desire to have international tourists. 

No you post confirmation of fact that tourists cannot visit Oz currently.

Thanks for demonstrating total confusion. Bit the same as Thailand's desire to encourage tourists at the same time as increasing restrictions.

Zero Logic.

Time for ignore button. Edit: Done

Edited by DrJack54
  • Haha 1