Teenage motorbike driver injured, nearly hung, after running into loose hanging communication cables in Pattaya

webfact

p1.jpg

By Goong Nang(GN)

Pattaya – A teenage driver has sustained several injuries after she became entangled by hanging telecommunications cables and fell off her motorbike in South Pattaya on a dark road yesterday.

The 17-year-old, whose name was withheld due to being a minor, told The Pattaya News reporters, “Yesterday (June 24th) I was driving my motorbike on the way home in the mid-evening from Soi Khao Talo to Soi Kor Pai on an extremely dark road.”

“I ran into a cluster of telecommunications cables that had dropped down and were hanging loosely onto the road. The cables hooked my neck and caused me to crash and fall off, nearly hanging me in the process before I was able to free myself.” The teenager explained to the Pattaya News reporters.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/06/25/teenage-motorbike-driver-injured-nearly-hung-after-running-into-loose-hanging-communication-cables-in-pattaya/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Dangerous.... so did anyone tie them up higher yet, or do we need someone to die?

I don't think I have wire cutters under my bike seat.

I would have ripped them down... forcefully made someone to come out and sort them out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Khun Paul said:

An ongoing menace never addressed by the authorities or even the communication cable installers. The Government is obviously powerless and really do not care 

The government isn't powerless, but yes, they don't care. Far too often no-one cares about anything in Thailand. There is no pride in how they do a job. Imagine that - living your life doing a job you have no interest in.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

The government isn't powerless, but yes, they don't care. Far too often no-one cares about anything in Thailand. There is no pride in how they do a job. Imagine that - living your life doing a job you have no interest in.

If you scan a few sites, you'll find that the average IQ in Thailand is around 90. So look at the bright side: it could be worse!

• Like 1

All such cables should be lowered at 1am to garrotting height to deter the d*ckhead drivers of noisy look-at-me bikes.  Not just complaining about young Thai boys but old farang <deleted> in denial about their age.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Enzian said:

If you scan a few sites, you'll find that the average IQ in Thailand is around 90. So look at the bright side: it could be worse!

Yes, I'm aware of that. But I'm not sure how that equates with doing a job properly. I think it's more down to a lack of training. That costs money for no immediate reward, so training is minimal to none.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, actonion said:

I have never seen so many Orange coloured Electrcity board trucks around East Pattaya as there is now, but when they leave  they always leave a pile of cables wrapped around the  post or left laying on the ground........Too lazy to clear their mess 

Same thing but when I'm in the mooban I tell (ask them politely) to collect their stuff or I will have to report them.

I read this headline and though... 

.... "What, Again ????"

It is utterly ridiculous that this is allowed to happen.... On another thread there is a running discussion about the quality of workmanship.

Obviously this is related to ethics... people just do not give any thought to consequence. 

"I don't think I have wire cutters under my bike seat."

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Dangerous.... so did anyone tie them up higher yet, or do we need someone to die?

I don't think I have wire cutters under my bike seat.

"I don't think I have wire cutters under my bike seat."

You give me an idea, recently it happens me while i driving my car.

It's going to be a plague in this country.

Edited by Peterphuket

Dammed if you do dammed if you don't.

I was nearly strangled one night between Hua hin and Cha-am.

If I cut the cable and it was on CCTV I'd be fined or jailed for destroying property. If I don't then somebody else may die.

I found some plastic bags near the road (yeah I know you don't believe I  could find such trash so easily), put some rocks in it, and tied it to the lowest point of the cable.

Best I could do in The Land of Looming Death.

I've come to accept that such things will never change here. People simply don't care about either killing or dying. It's really that simple.

And don't try the old 'education' or 'enforcement' saws.. Those will never change either. It's the nature of the beast.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, snowgard said:

Cut the lines and you will quickly see which companies own the lines and are responsible for them.

Not so....   the vast majority of lines are redundant....

.... Path of least resistance engineering at its finest....   A line fails... Do not troubleshoot, just run a new line. Its quicker, it's easier, it's cheaper....  Don’t worry about the old lines, thats someone else’s problem. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I would have ripped them down... forcefully made someone to come out and sort them out.

I wouldn't advise that. Yes, these are fibre optic cables, but it's not unusual for the steel sling wire to be energized with electricity due to being in contact with electricity cables, possibly many miles away. Don't touch them, you could be electrocuted.

13 hours ago, bangon04 said:

just imagine a future when every Thai owns an electric car and charges it by hanging a cable out of the condo window down to the roadside......

I expect a lot of people getting electrocuted by touching a car door handle.....

On 6/26/2021 at 7:54 AM, hotchilli said:

what about getting electocuted....best NOT to touch any hanging wires !!!!!

leave it to THE EXPERTS (IF THERE are any)