Anyone can recommend a renewal insurance for covid 19 ? which covers 100k usd and above ?

hi , 

Anyone can recommend a renewal insurance for covid 19 ? which covers 100k usd and above ?

my insurance is ending next week . but when i checked the rewnwal is like 4 times the price before i got into thailand .

can anyone recommend me a cheaper insurance and covers well too ? thanks 

6 minutes ago, bluebanana said:

Looking at the current situation of the outbreaks I'm worried abt getting infected 

You can find insurance that covers covid 19 that has less than the 3.3 million baht required to enter the country at a lower cost.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bluebanana said:

Looking at the current situation of the outbreaks I'm worried abt getting infected 

Aren't you worried about any other health problems? Why don't you want to get a proper health insurance?

• Like 1

Just now, jackdd said:

Aren't you worried about any other health problems? Why don't you want to get a proper health insurance?

yes i will get health insurance soon , however the concerning thing is covid now ... as some friends we know got infected

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

How much coverage do you want?

Check with Roojai to see what they have to offer.

Something to cover the Phuket entry requirements of $100.000 Medical Treatment and 400.000 baht for Medical Expenses for 60 days.

3 minutes ago, truthfix said:

Something to cover the Phuket entry requirements of $100.000 Medical Treatment and 400.000 baht for Medical Expenses for 60 days.

I was writing about a longer term coverage longer than the 60 days needed in reply to an another members post.

Look here for the 60 day coverage. https://www.tipinsure.com/CovidRegional/product_detail

• Like 1

It isn't completely clear whether you are already in Thailand or are contemplating traveling here, but I think that the insurance that Joe is referencing above is only available to inbound travelers prior to departure from their home country.

If you are already in Thailand, I think the best option for meaningful Covid coverage is to buy a health policy that does not exclude Covid except for the inevitable initial waiting period at inception. This may indeed be the only option as the policies that I have seen on offer as "Covid cover" from Thai insurers tend to be personal accident policies that provide very low limits of thb100,000 or 200,000 for medical expenses.

If there are cost-effective options for Covid-only insurance available in Thailand, a good insurance broker that works with several different insurers should be able to guide you. I suggest that you seek out one and discuss your needs. 

33 minutes ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

It isn't completely clear whether you are already in Thailand or are contemplating traveling here, but I think that the insurance that Joe is referencing above is only available to inbound travelers prior to departure from their home country.

If you are already in Thailand, I think the best option for meaningful Covid coverage is to buy a health policy that does not exclude Covid except for the inevitable initial waiting period at inception. This may indeed be the only option as the policies that I have seen on offer as "Covid cover" from Thai insurers tend to be personal accident policies that provide very low limits of thb100,000 or 200,000 for medical expenses.

If there are cost-effective options for Covid-only insurance available in Thailand, a good insurance broker that works with several different insurers should be able to guide you. I suggest that you seek out one and discuss your needs. 

i do apologize i have been here for 3 mths already 

42 minutes ago, bluebanana said:

No apology necessary.

You may be able to find a travel policy from an offshore insurer that would provide the 1.5 million limit for a 60 day period, but some may require that cover be taken out prior to travel to Thailand. I don't think any Thai insurers would provide a high limit for a short-duration policy for someone already here, but best to ask a broker for advice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluebanana said:

In May I purchased a COVID policy here in Thailand from Tune Insurance Public Company Limited.  I needed it to get my COE to re-enter Thailand after a trip to the USA.  Coverage is for 3.5 million baht.  The cost was 15,000 baht for 12 months. I needed 12 months since the 6 month policy didn’t cover me until the end of my extension.

5 hours ago, statman78 said:

In May I purchased a COVID policy here in Thailand from Tune Insurance Public Company Limited.  I needed it to get my COE to re-enter Thailand after a trip to the USA.  Coverage is for 3.5 million baht.  The cost was 15,000 baht for 12 months. I needed 12 months since the 6 month policy didn’t cover me until the end of my extension.

Tune and Luma is 31,500-47,400 baht per year.

https://www.tuneprotect.co.th/en/product/travel-insurance/ONTALN

https://www.lumahealth.com/travel-insurance/covid-insurance/

13 hours ago, bluebanana said:

yes i will get health insurance soon , however the concerning thing is covid now ... as some friends we know got infected

You are quite right, In some areas there is a risk of getting caught up in a cluster.

At 850 baht the Roojai policy is fairly economical and would go a long way toward any sudden time in hospital due to picking up the virus.

58 minutes ago, sandyf said:

You are quite right, In some areas there is a risk of getting caught up in a cluster.

At 850 baht the Roojai policy is fairly economical and would go a long way toward any sudden time in hospital due to picking up the virus.

pardon me where can i find this 850 baht roojai policy?  thank u 

i went to the site and got a quote it was around 4k + baht

Edited by bluebanana

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

Doesn't this only cover up to 100k? Even if you don't have any symptoms that's probably not enough, and if you need actual treatment you might have to fork out a few hundred thousand Baht out of your own pocket.

2 hours ago, jackdd said:

Doesn't this only cover up to 100k? Even if you don't have any symptoms that's probably not enough, and if you need actual treatment you might have to fork out a few hundred thousand Baht out of your own pocket.

I have had the coverage for over a year now. I consider it as a way to knock on the door to get admitted at a hospital if needed.

4 hours ago, bluebanana said:

pardon me where can i find this 850 baht roojai policy?  thank u 

i went to the site and got a quote it was around 4k + baht

I see the right link has been posted, apologies for not mentioning the criteria.

4 hours ago, jackdd said:

That was the older policies, more recently it is 200K for medical expenses.

The way I see it, better than nothing.