Water bill more expensive than electric in new condo

clarky cat

I'm more shocked about the low electric bill, even at half a month, how do you manage to only use 250B lol. I'm at like 4-5K a month average, even in a studio room I used to get 1500-2000 bills whilst being outside a lot. I guess you only use the ventilator on speed 1 aside of a led light and phone charger then.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

Only ever used to renting houses but this might help, a friend & I lived on the same estate, same size houses, his water was always 300 Baht, ours was always well less than 100 Baht, it turns out the owner of his property had it registered under a business name, hence 300 Baht no matter what he used, ours was just registered to the female owner so billed for actual use. I hope that helps.

On 6/27/2021 at 5:58 AM, Heng said:

Check to see if your toilet(s) are silently running.  These types of leaks often go unnoticed.   You can use food color added to the tank (add it AFTER a flush and refill cycle ends).   There should be no color flow into the bowl after a flush cycle has "stopped."

As above. A dripping faucet or running toilet is most likely explanation.

What I cannot figure out is the low electric bill...unless the period covered is prior to you moving in. 

• Like 1

On 7/8/2021 at 5:18 PM, MrJ2U said:

Its usually a flat 300 baht for the month.  You can request them to prorate it but if they don't I wouldn't make a fuss.

250 baht for electric.  Are you using candles for light?

nope the electric was for half a month I think

possibly at a reduced rate for covid, not sure..

8 hours ago, Golden Thaiger said:

Very probable minimum billing. During covid shutdown had a shop house 0 units used still billed 353b

That's very amazing... Last time I went on a long business trip I switched off electricity at main breaker. Was charged for meter fee 45Thb/month during 3 months. Nothing more....

14 hours ago, jomtienisgood said:

That's very amazing... Last time I went on a long business trip I switched off electricity at main breaker. Was charged for meter fee 45Thb/month during 3 months. Nothing more....

Water bill.

Electric always by units as cctv always running 

Edited by Golden Thaiger

On 7/8/2021 at 1:56 PM, KKr said:

alternatively, dishwash in shower in plastic bowl, saves soap and water, and rinse water down the loo.(proven method, applied during water shortages on small island, carrying buckets uphill makes for creativity.)

Seen it, Done it, Off. 

At my condo complex some use the showers at the pool and not in their room to save water. Perhaps they try to save partially the water for the toilet too when they use the pool... These are people that stay here over the winter months in rented apartments. The cheapest of all cheap charlies. 

• Haha 1