Looking for 5.1/7.1 surround speakers system for tv?

SpeedFreakz

Hi, I was wondering does anyone knows any affordable/budget 5.1 system to enjoy casual movie nights? Back in EU there were plenty of choices, even the dvd+speaker system was affordable. here in Thailand all I can see is karaoke 2.1 type of speakers, or huge overpriced systems. I am looking for something that doesn't have to be loud, and needs to have digital audio input.

Microlab has a nice cheap surround, but there is no digital audio in.

Back in the UK I paid a fortune for surround sound ..............

It wasn't any better than these @ 150bht.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/bluetooth-50-ipx7-wireless-earbud-tws-earphone-i2298278948-s7745100518.html

Try them, you'll be amazed ...... and if you don't like them you haven't wasted much.

Edited by BritManToo

Polk do a budget system in a box, TL1600, for 12K but dont expect too much from the plastic speakers. I used to have an LG surround system back in the day before soundbars, which included the DVD player / receiver - I paid around 10K 

I think if you are buying new, then Polk are the some of the cheapest, I paid around 35-37K for my Polk 5.1 system + plus cable + Yamaha receiver (around 15K in the Lazada sale) - I think it’s more than good enough for the money.

You might want to look at 2nd hand on Facebook or some places in BKK. 

I second the Facebook marketplace reccomendation.  A second hand NAD or Marantz surround receiver and whatever speakers fit your budget*

*not sure what you consider affordable/budget

Personally, I prefer higher quality 2.1 (even for movies) over lower quality 5.1 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...