Arrivals In Uk

My Wife was pregnant and and we refused to have one and waited as the risk are high. They do do internal swabs or something over 3 days which is meant to be uncomfortable but ok.

For her to gain residency in Qatar (March) she had to complete a medical which involved a chest x-ray, we refused because of her pregnancy they then gave her a small injection in her forearm which reacted over a period of three days. When we returned to the clinic three days later she was cleared as being okay.

I've not heard of an internal test?

I too have never heard of an internal test.

What your wife had, I would suggest is probably the Mantoux Test, a needle, or less likely a Heaf test, which is a multi pronged gun needle.

Moss

Yep, thats the one Mossy. I knew it was something a little horrid and they could only do it early on a morning so we passed.

:o

Glad to be of service :D

Moss

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Wife was pregnant and and we refused to have one and waited as the risk are high. They do do internal swabs or something over 3 days which is meant to be uncomfortable but ok.

For her to gain residency in Qatar (March) she had to complete a medical which involved a chest x-ray, we refused because of her pregnancy they then gave her a small injection in her forearm which reacted over a period of three days. When we returned to the clinic three days later she was cleared as being okay.

I've not heard of an internal test?

I too have never heard of an internal test.

What your wife had, I would suggest is probably the Mantoux Test, a needle, or less likely a Heaf test, which is a multi pronged gun needle.

Moss

Yep, thats the one Mossy. I knew it was something a little horrid and they could only do it early on a morning so we passed.

:o

Glad to be of service :D

Moss

I have just received a reply from the UK Immigration regarding which passport lane you can use which may be useful.

To: "'[email protected]'" <[email protected]>

Subject: FW: UK Entry

Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 19:52:28 +0100

Dear Sir,

Your enquiry dated 27th June 2007 refers.

If you accompany your wife you may clear passport control at any UK port of entry together using the UK/EEA channel.

Border and Immigration Agency/Border Control

Customer Focus.

Wife and I entered the UK in 2004 on HSMP visas. We ended up getting loads of questions from the IO about the visa, how we applied for it, what were requirements to qualify, etc etc.

We thought he was testing us to see that we were who we were, and that we were that all was above board.

At the end of the inquisition I asked in a very frendly manner if his questioning was standard for HSMP entrants into the UK, to which he replied, no - but he was very interested in finding out about the visa as his cousin in India wanted to migrate to the UK!!

Stamped in...and off we went.

My wife was surprised to see no white faces at passport control, but that's London for you.

We arrived on differnt flights, so she was alone in the queue, but I was standing off to one side when the passport guy asked her who she was with. So no problems.

Good luck.

First time we came through Immigration, Just a few questions,

after that no problems, in fact we were told, that we both should have used

the UK/EU channel

The last time through the only question asked was why does she so many British guys with Asian wives.

I replied may be the local girls need to take a look at themselves to find the answer.

All my experiences at immigration (all Heathrow) with my family on visitor visas have been fine, if not positively good. The first time we went I had to split from my wife and 2-year old son, and he bawled his eyes out. To the extent that at the non-EU line, my wife was waved through by other passengers until she got near the front of the queue, at which point the officer on duty pulled her out of the line to a free desk and passed them both through with no questions asked!

Contrast that to Conner's experience and it would seem it's all down to luck.

By the way, many years ago I knew a guy who worked at immigration at Heathrow. Some of the stories he told of foreigners passing through were bizzare, and he was very jaundiced in his views of these people entering the country

Sorry to re-open a old thread,but still not sure.

Will be arriving at Manchester.Wife has tourist visa.

She will be able to go through UK/EC lane with me?

Surely with a tourist visa she will have to go through

other lane.Can understand her going through UK line with a

settlement visa,but not ttourist visa.

• 2 weeks later...

As I was one of the people who posted a bad experience here (when I took my gf to the UK last year) I thought I'd post an update on our latest trip. Last year we arrived in Birmingham but this year we flew to Manchester. I had already decided to go in the non EU passport check queue with my gf and when we arrived in the hall somebody was directing people into the correct queue. He suggested I go with her, as it would be easier, without me even having to say thats what I wanted to do. When we got to the front of the queue the IO called us up to the desk together, then just asked me a couple of basic questions about our trip before stamping her passport without any problems or delays. As we were going through there was a Thai lady, who was traveling on her own on a fiance visa, at another desk. As she spoke virtually no English another IO came over and asked us if we could help out and translate for them. Again they just asked a few basic questions about her fiance, his address and had they set a date for the wedding, then thanked us before stamping her passport.

All in all a very pleasant experience and totaly the opposite from last year, especially when tou consider the extra security there is at all UK airports at the moment.