UK citizens seeking COVID vaccine in Thailand

Sheryl

Just now, Ginner said:

They will investigate and be told the same: there isn't enough vaccine to vaccinate the population. A few foreigners have been vaccinated resulting in HIGH Publicity for the government, but then goes back to the same: register, can't register. Get a date, can't get a date. Contact the registration app, the app is down. My wife tried to register on the Thai App, after 40 mins getting know where she was cut off.  

5 hours ago, Bim Smith said:

So the UK government are targeting vulnerable groups overseas but want to mass vaccinate its own population including children with an emergency use vaccine still under clinical trials. 

What do you me 'want to' ?

They've vaccinated 70 odd percent of the population already with NO real issues.

Society has opened up.

Go back to your barstool buddy.

Sincerely 

MORRIS

Speaks Thai, double vaccinated.

• Confused 2

So the UK government are targeting vulnerable groups overseas but want to mass vaccinate its own population including children with an emergency use vaccine still under clinical trials. 

You have already been told the NHS does not operate outside the UK.

Of course the UK is mass vaccinating its own population and you can also, get on a plane and go to the UK and you will receive your vaccine.

If you CHOOSE to remain in Thailand, you have two choices, get out and be extremely pro-active in seeking where to register and obtain the vaccine, and not take a No for an answer, or sit on a computer and complain about circumstances that you cannot change.

They tried twice to ' fob me off '  with the old line, "You will have to join the queue and wait your turn", but I  was insistent, proving what group I was in and pointing out I couldn't join or be in a queue until I was registered in the damn computer.

Your post is also unclear and confusing. BCCT is not the UK government, from what I read they are trying to use sway and influence to assist foreigners here.

The Thais won't be told what to do vaccine wise by us as expats.

Edited by Scouse123

1 hour ago, oslooskar said:

I received my AstraZeneca vaccination three days ago at the Phyathai2 hospital in Bangkok and it was also free. My Thai ex-wife has to wait until the end of this month to get hers. Also, a friend of mine, an American, is getting his AstraZeneca jab today. His Thai wife also has to wait.

ive got my jab appointment on the 6 july AZ my wife has been given sinovac ...not to racist for once eh

• Like 1

What point are you trying to make here? Your post doesn't make sense.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bim Smith said:

BCCT is NOT the British Embassy or the UK government. 

It is a private membership organisation based in Thailand trying to help as much as it is possible to do so. This initiative is for all ex-pats (not just BCCT members).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, pops1 said:

Here's silly old me thinking they want to help us stranded with no vax but no. I go to the website and they want money. Typical bottom feeders. Profiteering off of misery. 

BCCT membership is NOT required to register so the reference to "want money" is incorrect and the reference to profiteering off misery is unfair.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pops1 said:

Here's silly old me thinking they want to help us stranded with no vax but no. I go to the website and they want money. Typical bottom feeders. Profiteering off of misery. 

Bottom feeders ? I don't think so. There will be costs involved. I would be happy to help out a fellow Brit if too difficult for you

Just let me know.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

I got my AZ jab earlier this week. Just a week after registering. Took two hours but they checked medication, blood pressure, personal details - very thorough. All friendly and efficient. Got a certificate, next appointment and sticker in my passport and all with a smile and it was free. My daughter got her shot in London yesterday in a tent and they asked for nothing and didn't even take the blood pressure - all very circa 1918. I applied for my NHS number in the UK 3 months ago and it has still not arrived to my UK address. You can't count on the toothless British Embassy in Thailand or the UK Government. I will work on my second jab as either Moderna (registered already) or Pfizer if either will be available and I will pay for it. Otherwise, my fall back position is my booked AZ shot. My advice - get on and do it yourself.

what sticker did they put in your passport ?

May as well add my two penn orth, i got the first AZ jab yesterday (was arranged two days before, being Farrang. Thais apparently can just show up and get in line) at Central Plaza Pattaya AZ or Sino option quite a long queue but moved pretty fast, got there 12 pm got the jab 12.58, I am 82 high risk group married to a Thai the pink card was used at all the checking desks, blood pressure, temperature, etc. ,very efficient throughout organised by the Bangkok Hospital Pattaya, second jab booked for 27th Sept, i don't know if this a one day effort or everyday till the vacs run out, FWIW!

16 minutes ago, maxcorrigan said:

May as well add my two penn orth, i got the first AZ jab yesterday (was arranged two days before, being Farrang. Thais apparently can just show up and get in line) at Central Plaza Pattaya AZ or Sino option quite a long queue but moved pretty fast, got there 12 pm got the jab 12.58, I am 82 high risk group married to a Thai the pink card was used at all the checking desks, blood pressure, temperature, etc. ,very efficient throughout organised by the Bangkok Hospital Pattaya, second jab booked for 27th Sept, i don't know if this a one day effort or everyday till the vacs run out, FWIW!

This is very new information. Can you please elaborate on exactly how/when/where you registered for this vaccine.

thank you.

On 7/1/2021 at 9:42 AM, IamNoone88 said:

I got my AZ jab earlier this week. Just a week after registering. Took two hours but they checked medication, blood pressure, personal details - very thorough. All friendly and efficient. Got a certificate, next appointment and sticker in my passport and all with a smile and it was free. My daughter got her shot in London yesterday in a tent and they asked for nothing and didn't even take the blood pressure - all very circa 1918. I applied for my NHS number in the UK 3 months ago and it has still not arrived to my UK address. You can't count on the toothless British Embassy in Thailand or the UK Government. I will work on my second jab as either Moderna (registered already) or Pfizer if either will be available and I will pay for it. Otherwise, my fall back position is my booked AZ shot. My advice - get on and do it yourself.

I got my AZ jab earlier this week. Just a week after registering. Took two hours but they checked medication, blood pressure, personal details - very thorough. All friendly and efficient. Got a certificate, next appointment and sticker in my passport and all with a smile and it was free. 

Could you give more info on your shot please.

Was it in Bangkok?  If yes what is the certificate they gave you, and what do you mean about a sticker in your passport.

This is important so would appreciate all info you can provide.

Thank you

On 7/1/2021 at 7:47 AM, Bim Smith said:

For what it’s worth I think you will find the BCCT is not the UK government but a private organization and are certainly not involved in any vaccination programs in the UK.

You have already been told the NHS does not operate outside the UK.

Yet it continues to serve the whole world without checking whether people are entitled to treatment. My mate took his mrs into a packed A&E last week, although they are called something else these days. The waiting room was packed, apart from them there were 2 other white people there. When he got to see the Dr they had to keep asking him to repeat himself as he could barely speak English. Hospitals are over run in some areas as illegals not being able to register with a GP know they can just turn up and get treated. No they don't operate outside of the UK, they are too busy looking after the rest of the world inside it!

• Like 1

First of, a BIG thank you to Sheryl for posting about this.

I managed to Register yesterday after weeks of failures in Khon Kaen.  It was Free of Charge to register and a very helpful BCCT employee was most helpful in assisting me.

We have no idea if BCCT will be able to help us locate the vaccinations, but we can only try and keep trying at as many places as we can.

On 7/1/2021 at 8:23 AM, Kenegg said:

I don't have a Thai social security number and registered with my passport number

I got registered at a local clinic and am set for AstraZeneca on the 4th August, provide name, age, passport number. 

On 7/1/2021 at 8:28 AM, Kenegg said:

Shame the BCCT make it so expensive for the retired Brit to join their group or I would most certainly join.

On 7/1/2021 at 9:15 AM, pops1 said:

So I take it, then, that you would both much rather pay considerably more than 9,630 THB (if you live in Bangkok) or 6,420 THB (if you live in the sticks) for return flights to and from the UK plus the costs of compliance with current UK entry and Thailand re-entry requirements, in order to receive free jabs in the UK:-

https://members.bccthai.com/bcct/asp/general.asp?MenuCatID=17&MenuItemID=209&SponsorID=0

Or, alternatively, bide your time until each and every Thai national in LOS, regardless of their risk status, have received both their jabs. All being well you should then find yourselves at the head of the queue for your initial free jabs by the year 2564 (A.D. not B.E. of course).

Edited by OJAS

6 hours ago, couchpotato said:

This is very new information. Can you please elaborate on exactly how/when/where you registered for this vaccine.

thank you.

All done by my wife through i believe through that online form again using pink ID card, as i understand you have to narried to a Thai!

7 hours ago, couchpotato said:

I got my AZ jab earlier this week. Just a week after registering. Took two hours but they checked medication, blood pressure, personal details - very thorough. All friendly and efficient. Got a certificate, next appointment and sticker in my passport and all with a smile and it was free. 

Could you give more info on your shot please.

Was it in Bangkok?  If yes what is the certificate they gave you, and what do you mean about a sticker in your passport.

This is important so would appreciate all info you can provide.

Thank you

It was in Phuket. You get small sticker once you complete the process - one per jab I assume. The certificate is half A4 size or less and computer generated with all personal details and then they stick label the physical batch dose number and date in the first dose area. Second is left blank until completed. Hope this helps.

On 7/1/2021 at 1:26 PM, Scouse123 said:

Of course the UK is mass vaccinating its own population and you can also, get on a plane and go to the UK and you will receive your vaccine.

Fine, of course, if you have a spare £2,000 to hand as a bare minimum to pay for a return flight ticket plus compliance with current UK entry and Thailand re-entry requirements.

On 7/1/2021 at 10:30 AM, connda said:

You would think that Western governments would put pressure on Thailand about their openly xenophobic and racist policies during a declared "pandemic." 
They do nothing (although kudos to France and China).
The US has got the be the epitome of what having utter contempt for their own expat citizens looks like:  Give Thailand vaccines and 30 million in US aide - and then tell Americans to metaphorically ****-off and get to the end of Thai vaccine lines. "We don't care about you and we don't care that Thailand is racist!", pretty much sums it up.  The US's little cousin Britain is about the same.

You have summed up the position perfectly in relation to the UK as well IMHO. It is becoming increasingly clear (to me at any rate), that both the US and UK governments envisage the very highest priority being given to ensuring that, once all residents in their respective countries (both nationals and non-nationals) have received their jabs, everyone else in every other country on this great planet of ours is then to be vaccinated, with the notable exception of local American and British expats, of course. I fear that the Great Vaccine Giveaways announced with considerable pride by Joe Biden and Boris Johnson in advance of the G7 summit a fortnight ago may turn out to be the first of many such "generous" giveaways on the US's and UK's parts:-

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-57436535

Edited by OJAS

Just a heads-up for anyone who might still be toying with whether or not to register their details with the BCCT that, according to an email which I have received from them, they are planning to send their list for vaccination to the Department of Disease Control at the Ministry of Public Health this Friday 9th July. As a consequence the window for registrations will close at midnight tomorrow (Thursday 8th July).

For the benefit of those who have judged this initiative to be a BCCT money-grabbing exercise, I would just like to say that I have not received any request from them to part with any money by way of a membership subscription as a condition of having my details forwarded to the Department of Disease Control at the Ministry of Public Health. IMHO this philanthropic gesture on the BCCT's part stands in marked contrast to the pathetically disgraceful attitude of HM Government who appear, instead, to be far more enthusiastically focussed on cheerfully and gleefully giving away 100 million spare vaccine doses not required in the UK for the sole and exclusive benefit of non-Brits scattered across this great planet of ours.

Edited by OJAS
  • Thanks 1