PLEASE HELP how to get fraction of etherium into wallet

I am an artist who thought i would give nfts a go, as every other chancer on the planet has had the same idea.I have been investigating what is required for the past weeks.So i have the art, i have a wallet.Metamask, a suitable wallet for selling nfts, all i need is to transfer a fraction of an etherium into the wallet to pay for gas fees and transaction costs.A lot less than 1 etherium is enough to get you up and running.However when i tried to transfer a few thousand baht from my Kasikorn  account  through Wyre [ridiculous transaction fees but i thought for one time i'd pay]the bank blocked it every time.I feel i'm missing something, i'm aware the thai gov changed the rules about nfts a couple of weeks ago but was unclear exactly what it meant, and at this stage all i'm trying to do is buy some etherium.Would appreciate some help in the best way to get E into my wallet and please no discussion on nfts.[its all been said before when Bitcoin appeared]

My wife has been through the same issue; using the Kasikorn debit card (normally perfectly fine for online transactions). We just gave up going that route.

Frankly, crypto in Thailand is a complete disaster. My advice would be to use an exchange from your home country or, if that option does not work, go with Binance. My wife was also able to get Satang Pro (a Thai exchange up and running) up and running; but liquidity sucks on that platform and the UX is a disaster as well. Although the low liquidity might not be a problem since you're buying such a low amount of ETH.

Another thing to keep in mind is that Thai exchanges charge pretty hefty fees, which make doing a small buy not very cost efficient. If you're planning on doing more in the crypto space in the future, you might be better off purchasing a larger chunk of ETH. 

Which country are you from? If I know that, I might be able to point you in the direction of a better exchange.

12 hours ago, fdsa said:

it never stops amusing me how people accept and pass through all the hurdles to register on some "certified" exchange instead of using localbitcoins/localcryptos.

It's not rocket science.

Let me help you out there:

• high fees 
  • low liquidity for pretty much anything except BTC and ETH (try buying a few thousand USDC on Satang Pro)
  • poor user experience
  • crypto premiums (ie assets cost more on local exchanges)
  • level of trustworthiness (local exchanges are often unregulated and tend to close up shop without notice) 

Thank you for replies.I'm from  UK but Barclays cancelled all my cards because i was no longer resident there.I'm currently trying to get them to send me a debit card.

If i use Binance will it work with Kasikorn if i transfer the money and not use the debit card system ? How else to put money into  Binance if my Thai bank wont let me. Given that what i want to do is so trivial i, m amazed so many people in Thailand are managing to deal in crypto.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, tethered goat said:

Thank you for replies.I'm from  UK but Barclays cancelled all my cards because i was no longer resident there.I'm currently trying to get them to send me a debit card.

If i use Binance will it work with Kasikorn if i transfer the money and not use the debit card system ? How else to put money into  Binance if my Thai bank wont let me. Given that what i want to do is so trivial i, m amazed so many people in Thailand are managing to deal in crypto.

No it won't. Being that you only need a small amount, I'd use localbitcoins. Buy either ETH or BTC, transfer to your wallet or transfer to Binance. The sellers on localbitcoins, for instance, take payment via bank transfer, Thai bank to Thai bank. Use a seller with a lot of transactions and ignore others who might be less expensive.

Edit: Actually, transfer to Binance might work but much easier to use localbitcoins.

Edited by malathione
correction

On 7/2/2021 at 10:53 AM, malathione said:

The sellers on localbitcoins, for instance, take payment via bank transfer, Thai bank to Thai bank. Use a seller with a lot of transactions and ignore others who might be less expensive.

The OP does not want BTC, he wants ETH. Localbitcoins is for BTC only.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjnaus said:

The OP does not want BTC, he wants ETH. Localbitcoins is for BTC only.

Good point. In which case he can buy BTC and convert to ETH either through his own wallet or through whichever exchange he signs up on.

Just open an account with Bitazza Thailand , they'll approve you in 48 hours, it's easy and they have decent liquidity pools so the spread on buy/sell is okay. good website/app , easy to use. then just connect your Kbank to them,, you'll need to download the Kplus app on your phone if you don't already have it and have your Kasikorn activate it. you can do same with Satangpro but as mentioned by another post spreads are too wide and no liquidity. Both have decent selection of tokens and have Eth for you. There is no liquidity with Upbit(I closed my account) and Bitkub is an absolute horror show to get approved (much like the current vaccination program) with numerous outages. They all have competitive transaction fees and nothing to concern yourself with for a couple transactions, but be aware you pay more for Eth transactions than many of the others but sounds like you just need to get your NFT thing up and running,,,so all good,, cheers