AstraZeneca or wait?

Latest company’s continuous search to find vaccines for foreign employees (god love them) is a slim possibility of getting their hands on AstraZeneca which I’m told in a couple of weeks. I’ve heard that before but never mind. The private hospital vaccines which I’m not sure what is may be available in October as discussed on this platform. Besides cost of hospital vaccination (work vaccine is free), can the experts virologist on TV advise about  AZ versus others. 

Tough call IMO.

I'd probably go with AZ now (I'd pay for it, 5,000 baht all in if that moves me up the queue), if available today and if a second dose was guaranteed with 8 weeks preferrably (for travel requirements). 12 week interval starts to point towards Moderna, and 16 weeks is a non-starter.

But AZ is unavailable for most foreigners as of today.

Yes, I know some have received first shots via a web of registration "options". But intervac remains off-line.

There is no way to know if the government can obtain AZ doses for second shots - and maybe they will choose to continue to push first shots for more people. So that is a further known unknown, a nod to the recently deceased Secretary rumsfeld.

23 hours ago, internationalism said:

if you have chance for a free AZ you should take it now and boost by whatever and whenever anything else will be available.

At least you are enrolled into vax program, so in 10 weeks you will have a second dose.  

Well I got the call this morning. Monday 10am is my appointment.