When a person dies in Thailand (UK) - Guidelines

• 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...
On 7/1/2021 at 4:21 PM, CharlieH said:
On 1/4/2022 at 9:08 AM, Speedo1968 said:

Thank you so  much for the information especially as it is Thailand relevant.

Hope the following is of assistance when a person dies in Thailand.

When you go to that site and see all things that must be done, use one of the recommended funeral directors, they will do everything for you, I used Asia One for a friend that died. It saved a lot of stress, but at 43k to come to kohchang twice, as it needs to be registered with the local ampher first, that included the coffin and delivered to the local wat in a timely fashion. very good caring staff speaking English

On 10/14/2022 at 3:41 PM, brianthainess said:

When you go to that site and see all things that must be done, use one of the recommended funeral directors, they will do everything for you, I used Asia One for a friend that died. It saved a lot of stress, but at 43k to come to kohchang twice, as it needs to be registered with the local ampher first, that included the coffin and delivered to the local wat in a timely fashion. very good caring staff speaking English

Thanks again for your comments.
I have been to a number of funerals at different temples of Thai friends and I have an idea of the various arrangements.    Also prices.
My partner has finally got some sensible answers from UK Embassy and local govt / police requirements.
I have already prepared a folder with various documents.
Many years ago I prepared and placed a DNR request at all hospitals I attended.   My local govt. hospital when I was in emergency asked me if the DNR, if necessary was still applicable.   When I have been in a similar situation in Khon Kaen ( and even on general visits ) have never, except on one occasion following a major stroke with complications ( which I help treat with alternative treatment including for kidney failure ), mentioned the fact that I had placed a DNR with them.
Guess its now just a wait and see.
My local temples are only 2 - 4km away from my home, closer still if I am in the local hospital ( but 50km if from Khon Kaen ).
Not sure about the catering side as I am vegan and some friends are vegetarians.     Will ask for at least one dish to be vegi.