Received Phuket Certificate of Entry

Philharmonic

1 hour ago, r136dg said:

Seems to require serious diligence & patience. 

Can you do the sandbox if your flight is to BKK, catching 1st available flight to Phuket?

No. This might change but at the moment you can't.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, r136dg said:

Can you do the sandbox if your flight is to BKK, catching 1st available flight to Phuket?

No. If there will ever be a transit, it has to be "special" isolated from domestic flights.

There was a vague idea of such special flight(s).

But not yet and my guess:

with the marginal people using sandbox it won't happen anytime soon.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Philharmonic said:

My saga of getting my COE:

Thumbs up for your stamina!

Should your saga be amended to the TaT brochures <grin>

(emoticons broken?)

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

so how does one get from Los Angeles California to Phuket?  What airlines would you schedule or try to schedule?  What cities if you can't fly into BKK and then fly on to Phuket?  If the Phuket sandbox is cheaper than the ASQ then I would be OK going the Phuket sandbox route.  I been there before and did like Karon beach, although I might try Kamala if that is available.  Where do you have to stay in Phuket?  Only the Patong area or can it be any place in Phuket that has ASH+ or whatever hotels?

3 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

so how does one get from Los Angeles California to Phuket?  What airlines would you schedule or try to schedule?  What cities if you can't fly into BKK and then fly on to Phuket?  If the Phuket sandbox is cheaper than the ASQ then I would be OK going the Phuket sandbox route.  I been there before and did like Karon beach, although I might try Kamala if that is available.  Where do you have to stay in Phuket?  Only the Patong area or can it be any place in Phuket that has ASH+ or whatever hotels?

For the flights you can simply do short check on any flight booking websites, I did it for you: Qatar (LA-Doha-Phuket) 1-way $520.

You can stay in any ASH+ hotel in Phuket, there are hundreds of them to choose across entire island, area of your choice:

https://asq.in.th/phuket-sandbox-hotels

Edited by sallecc

4 minutes ago, sallecc said:

For the flights you can simply do short check on any flight booking websites, I did it for you: Qatar (LA-Doha-Phuket) 1-way $520.

You can stay in any ASH+ hotel in Phuket, there are hundreds of them to choose across entire island, area of your choice:

https://asq.in.th/phuket-sandbox-hotels

Thanks but I would not fly from the west coast of the USA more than half way around the world in the other direction, and I would not go through any Middle Eastern countries. 

So are we free to choose any flights that are commercially available or must we use some flights that are specified by Thailand?

9 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

Thanks but I would not fly from the west coast of the USA more than half way around the world in the other direction, and I would not go through any Middle Eastern countries. 

So are we free to choose any flights that are commercially available or must we use some flights that are specified by Thailand?

You can fly with all airlines that currently fly to Phuket on an international routing via countries that allow transfer for your nationality, recent travel history and vaccine/testing status. You currently cannot fly to the sandbox with a ticket that has a domestic leg within Thailand for your outbound flight from the US.

Edited by pentagara
  • Like 1