Expat discrimination

DUNROAMIN

4 minutes ago, DUNROAMIN said:

or you are over 60 with major health problems you can get a jab

Not true in my case. I have 3 of the Big7 and am 66 and so far I haven't been able to even register due to the situation you describe. Told to my face several times now ' Thai only for now, sorry'

Shamefull

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Same here, 62 and diabetic with other underlying conditions but no access to a vaccine in Pattaya at all. The reports about the Moderna vaccine are chaotic but show reducing amounts from originally 10 million to arrive in October, down to 5 million and now 3.9 million maybe in October.........anyone's guess how many will arrive and when, or if. Scaring me into keeping to myself but can I keep that up for the next four to six months?

• Like 1

I think it depends on one's location in Thailand. 

In Phuket I know a number of expats under age-60, with no underlying conditions, who have recently been vaccinated with their first jab of AstraZeneca.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Saltire said:

Not true in my case. I have 3 of the Big7 and am 66 and so far I haven't been able to even register due to the situation you describe. Told to my face several times now ' Thai only for now, sorry'

Shamefull

well there you go. my point exactly.

2 hours ago, oldcpu said:

In Phuket I know a number of expats under age-60, with no underlying conditions, who have recently been vaccinated with their first jab of AstraZeneca.

Phuket is special due to Sandbox government want all vaccinated, however, forget about the rest of Thailand.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Exactly. At the current time in Pattaya (a very major center for expats) there is no way for a "regular" expat to begin secure access to a vaccine in a timely manner, no matter how high the risk level of the expat. You could be 90 with all the defined health conditions. Not Thai? Nope. This is a horrible situation. It's the main reason that FRANCE stepped in and took action to protect their higher risk nationals here from this despicable damaging irrational discrimination. 

Look like government lieing again.

Dont know if this is any help to anyone but maybe worth inquiring

Advertised july 2nd

https://www.bumrungrad.com/en/blog-news/offering-covid-19-vaccination-service?utm_source=facebook-expat&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=blog-news-offering-covid-19-vaccination-service-2-jul-21&fbclid=IwAR16thu1hO11tUoAK1Oq0_O6kRxX1ZFeVZuSybfYkqpK-SPeAxopbsfDVqw

image.jpg
Bumrungrad International Hospital is one of the private hospitals supporting the Royal Thai Government by administering COVID-19 vaccination to hospital patients, people over 60 years of age, and people with 7 pre-existing conditions (severe respiratory and cardiovascular disease, chronic kidney disease, stroke, cancer, diabetes, and obesity) who have registered through the Mor Prom application.
www.bumrungrad.com

8 minutes ago, Ian Wake said:

Dont know if this is any help to anyone but maybe worth inquiring

Advertised july 2nd

https://www.bumrungrad.com/en/blog-news/offering-covid-19-vaccination-service?utm_source=facebook-expat&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=blog-news-offering-covid-19-vaccination-service-2-jul-21&fbclid=IwAR16thu1hO11tUoAK1Oq0_O6kRxX1ZFeVZuSybfYkqpK-SPeAxopbsfDVqw

image.jpg
Bumrungrad International Hospital is one of the private hospitals supporting the Royal Thai Government by administering COVID-19 vaccination to hospital patients, people over 60 years of age, and people with 7 pre-existing conditions (severe respiratory and cardiovascular disease, chronic kidney disease, stroke, cancer, diabetes, and obesity) who have registered through the Mor Prom application.
www.bumrungrad.com

This line in their conditions might be an issue for most expats

"2. Register for COVID-19 vaccination by showing your Thai ID card and the hospital appointment form or the appointment information on the Mor Prom Application."

Sadly, this was to be expected. 

I had zero imaginations to how this was going to play out. Any foreigner who wants to be vaccinated with their vaccine of choice, should make their own plans (likely, that means heading home and getting your jab there).

• Like 2

I consider it incredibly naive how any immigrant could have thought the Thai would treat you as being equal during a pandemic. Fully well knowing not being of 'Thai blood' means your unequal. Price hikes, odds stacked against you in a Thai court etc...

Old and frail immigrants could have decided to go back to their first world countries and get vaccinated there. Some indeed did this, and some didnt. 

I do however understand that it is hard, and unexpected for some, to not even be able to buy their way into vaccination in this second world country.

Edited by MayBeNow
  • Sad 1

On 7/2/2021 at 11:15 AM, Saltire said:

Shamefull

I'm over 70. I don't consider myself any different or any special from the many Thais around my area upcountry of similar age who all have been denied access to vaccinations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Excel said:

I'm over 70. I don't consider myself any different or any special from the many Thais around my area upcountry of similar age who all have been denied access to vaccinations.

Absolutely right. Around here, somewhere in Buriram, only people who are in some official capacity, or well connected, have been vaccinated. Currently all available vaccines become second shots for the aforementioned select people.

I was worried I could get arrested and detained for not being vaccinated, as this is mandatory in our province, until my country of origin gave me a free J&J shot.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2021 at 3:46 PM, oldcpu said:

Your post is an embarrassment. 

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, Pravda said:

Your post is an embarrassment. 

Post is correct, puket is special because of sandbox. every body has to be vaccinated including expats, phuket is the exception, the rest of Thailand for expats forget it.

On 7/2/2021 at 6:02 PM, DUNROAMIN said:

Phuket is special due to Sandbox government want all vaccinated, however, forget about the rest of Thailand.

Not just Phuket. Koh Samui also has had a high % vaccinated. They are also being given priority due to an absolutely crushed economy due to no tourists, with an anticipated opening to vaccinated tourists not long after Phuket's slow opening.

I repeat. It depends on location ..... 

I suspect also other factors being equal, older foreigners may get priority over younger foreigners, but I can't say that for certainty.

8 hours ago, DUNROAMIN said:

Post is correct, puket is special because of sandbox. every body has to be vaccinated including expats, phuket is the exception, the rest of Thailand for expats forget it.

Sorry Dunroamin but Phuket seems to have run out of vaccine for now and there are a lot of us expats still waiting for even news of our fist jab

1 hour ago, oldcpu said:

Not just Phuket. Koh Samui also has had a high % vaccinated. They are also being given priority due to an absolutely crushed economy due to no tourists, with an anticipated opening to vaccinated tourists not long after Phuket's slow opening.

I repeat. It depends on location ..... 

I suspect also other factors being equal, older foreigners may get priority over younger foreigners, but I can't say that for certainty.

I agree that it depends on location. For example in high risk expat heavy Pattaya, we've been remarkably poorly served.

Is there any truth to this recent news article about expats over age 60 in Bangkok being allowed to register?

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/at-risk-expats-in-bangkok-can-pre-register-for-vaccines-through-designated-hospitals

Hopefully the registration is not like the private hospitals Moderna vaccine registrations which seem to be booked solid ( and then immediately close to registrations) within minutes of their opening for registration.

2 minutes ago, oldcpu said:

Is there any truth to this recent news article about expats over age 60 in Bangkok being allowed to register?

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/at-risk-expats-in-bangkok-can-pre-register-for-vaccines-through-designated-hospitals

Hopefully the registration is not like the private hospitals Moderna vaccine registrations which seem to be booked solid ( and then immediately close to registrations) within minutes of their opening for registration.

It's true.

Only two hospitals only in Bangkok though.

Definitely much more demand than supply.