Honda Click 125i Replacement Battery

stament

7 minutes ago, stament said:

I normally go to the Honda service shop

Just look for any workshop/shack with motorcycle on repair.

Ask them for new battery and done.

(600 Baht or so)

Click 125, hardly a model more popular/widespread.

A shop without a battery for a Click can't exist.

I usually buy in (district) town and change on my own.

Just now, KhunBENQ said:

What's that dot :>) 189? Terribly cheap.

Look yourself I couldn't believe it myself but have ordered 2 since I found them and I have been checking after stop start, stop start on my scoot for 6 months or so and it's shows full charge on the multimeter meter. 

Buy one and try it it's not like you lose a lot is it. ????

The one on the Wave is fine too.

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Look yourself I couldn't believe it myself but have ordered 2 since I found them and I have been checking after stop start, stop start on my scoot for 6 months or so and it's shows full charge on the multimeter meter. 

Buy one and try it it's not like you lose a lot is it. ????

The one on the Wave is fine too.

is it easy to change a battery? 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

????????????????

46 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Coincidentally my battery died on my scooter today. A local 5aH battery cost me 400 baht. I may have overpaid as per farang usual?

well if you did it was by ThB211. i feel sorry for you but I will still sleep tonight!????????

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

is it easy to change a battery? 

Easy if you know where it is :>)

Can differ.

At our Click and the Wave it is under the seat with a plastic cover to be removed (screw).

Another scooter had it under the platform.

Maybe more options possible.

Edited by KhunBENQ

1 hour ago, herfiehandbag said:

????????????????

well if you did it was by ThB211. i feel sorry for you but I will still sleep tonight!????????

I have no need of your sympathy. I have spent more on other pursuits and even lost more in the back of a taxi. I will still sleep tonight also as I find no need to concern myself with such trifles. 

The purpose of my admission was to convey to the originator of this thread that he need not overly concern himself about something that costs less than the price of a few beers with friends.

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

I have no need of your sympathy. I have spent more on other pursuits and even lost more in the back of a taxi. I will still sleep tonight also as I find no need to concern myself with such trifles. 

The purpose of my admission was to convey to the originator of this thread that he need not overly concern himself about something that costs less than the price of a few beers with friends.

OK. I was only cracking a joke, much along the same lines as you!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Coincidentally my battery died on my scooter today. A local 5aH battery cost me 400 baht. I may have overpaid as per farang usual?

Depends on which battery you got. If it's the 200THB cheapo battery somebody mentioned before maybe a bit, if it's a battery which is selling for 300THB, I guess then the price was fair. You probably paid the same as any Thai would have paid.

17 hours ago, stament said:

Can anyone recommend a battery for a 125i click? I normally go to the Honda service shop but there isn't one near me at present so thought it best to ask on here.

Designated "battery shops" are usually easily found everywhere, they should have one and will also change it for you, so just go to one of them.

They are all Gel batteries and all come with at least 3 month warranty, The shop will fti it for you in 10 minute flat. The make is not worth worrying about. it is probably the most common and cheap item as the battery fits most scooters made. If yours is flat than stop fussing and get it replaced before you jam up your kickstart of the stand.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, stament said:

Thanks for all the replies, I was hoping for an actual battery brand in the responses as I am sure some batteries are good and some are poor. 

Yuasa. But since batts don't tent to last long here. The cheaper generic brnds tend to last just as long to be honest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Simple Jack said:

It has always confused me why they still fit kickers on a fi bike. No batt, no EFI.

I think there is some sort of capacitor that charges up whilst kicking  so the efi and fuel pump can operate without a battery  the "kickers" on those scooter are horrid though   and it takes some kicking to get them started (from cold with no battery) in my experience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, johng said:

I think there is some sort of capacitor that charges up whilst kicking  so the efi and fuel pump can operate without a battery  the "kickers" on those scooter are horrid though   and it takes some kicking to get them started (from cold with no battery) in my experience.

Ah! I'm still rocking an old 2013 click. Guess they sorted that problem. Thanks for the info mate.

31 minutes ago, phetpeter said:

They are all Gel batteries and all come with at least 3 month warranty, The shop will fti it for you in 10 minute flat. The make is not worth worrying about. it is probably the most common and cheap item as the battery fits most scooters made. If yours is flat than stop fussing and get it replaced before you jam up your kickstart of the stand.

Why would my kickstart stand jam? Confused. I've used my kickstart a few times when I've left my lights on inadvertently.

1 minute ago, stament said:

Why would my kickstart stand jam?

Because people get frustrated and jump up and down on the kickstarter  forcing it a bit further than its supposed to go  then it gets caught on the stand  or completely breaks the mechanism inside the engine casing..wretched things  on the wrong side of the bike  "purposely" designed to injure feet by smashing against the scooter body !!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, johng said:

Because people get frustrated and jump up and down on the kickstarter  forcing it a bit further than its supposed to go  then it gets caught on the stand  or completely breaks the mechanism inside the engine casing..wretched things  on the wrong side of the bike  "purposely" designed to injure feet by smashing against the scooter body !!!

Ah I can see that happening as it's not easy to start and requires a bit of brute force.

Edited by stament

1 hour ago, stament said:

Thanks for all the replies, I was hoping for an actual battery brand in the responses as I am sure some batteries are good and some are poor. 

Chang from Lazada.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stament said:

This is what I took out I assume new Honda, 5Ah. My bike is not a Click but Click has the same size.

spacer.png

This is the new one. 375 Baht on Shopee. As you can see I didn't worry much about brand.

spacer.png

Edited by VocalNeal