Honda Click 125i Replacement Battery

stament

6 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

my stock Click battery is 4 years old and still going strong

Could be down to use or battery cycles? My ZX10 needs a new batt every 2 years. Give or take. The Mrs click is the same. Prob the short journeys ????

• Like 1

6 hours ago, johng said:

Because people get frustrated and jump up and down on the kickstarter  forcing it a bit further than its supposed to go  then it gets caught on the stand  or completely breaks the mechanism inside the engine casing..wretched things  on the wrong side of the bike  "purposely" designed to injure feet by smashing against the scooter body !!!

My 1995 jog still starts first kick. hehe.

21 minutes ago, Simple Jack said:

Yea mate. i was going to start a tread on 2-stroke officiandoes. But i don't want to get to off topic from the op. pm me if youre interested ????

I have a  historic scar on my shin from an errant NSR150R. My other NSR starts OK. But it hasn't run for a while as one cylinder lost compression and I replaced the barrel and piston. Then went to work in Indonesia.

My '85 Cagiva had no kickstart. So not having one is not "modern"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bought many batteries here.

All use the same part number, with only the first letter changed

Y for Yuasa, etc ... All are identical except for this number

Leads me to believe they are all made in one factory with a different case printing

All last about the same length of time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/2/2021 at 1:54 PM, Kwasaki said:

Get from Lazada a Chang battery 12v 5amp great value at 1•89 baht. 

Interesting, I was told I need a 7 amp 12v battery for a click 125i, is that not the case?

6 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

I have a  historic scar on my shin from an errant NSR150R. My other NSR starts OK. But it hasn't run for a while as one cylinder lost compression and I replaced the barrel and piston. Then went to work in Indonesia.

My '85 Cagiva had no kickstart. So not having one is not "modern"

o7 Mate. Still have my RS 250 in sorage in the U.K. Waiting to sell. Lets create a new thread for this discussion.

4 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

A bit more expensive 350 baht.

not an issue just want to get the right spec.  Out of interest what difference would 7a vs 5a make?  Guessing not advisable to go with 7a if the user spec says 5a.

2 minutes ago, stament said:

Out of interest what difference would 7a vs 5a make? 

none at all..you could put a 12 volt 45amp  car/truck  battery on the starter motor will only draw as many amps as it needs.

2 minutes ago, johng said:

none at all..you could put a 12 volt 45amp  car/truck  battery on the starter motor will only draw as many amps as it needs.

so it will be useless as it can only draw 5amp so no point buying 7amp right as can only pass 5am max leaving 2a redundant?

Edited by stament
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, stament said:

so it will be useless as it can only draw 5amp so no point buying 7amp

If the manual specifies a 5 amp/hour  battery then yes there is no point putting a bigger amp/hour battery in

but  you could if that was all you had use a bigger amp hour battery..

8x AA batteries in series to make 12volts (ish)  then  paralleled  would also  work  but not very practical !

you can also "jump start"  the bike from a car/truck with 12 volt battery...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, johng said:

If the manual specifies a 5 amp/hour  battery then yes there is no point putting a bigger amp/hour battery in

but  you could if that was all you had use a bigger amp hour battery..

8x AA batteries in series to make 12volts (ish)  then  paralleled  would also  work  but not very practical !

you can also "jump start"  the bike from a car/truck with 12 volt battery...

would higher amps be of any benefit at all?

14 hours ago, stament said:

not an issue just want to get the right spec.  Out of interest what difference would 7a vs 5a make?  Guessing not advisable to go with 7a if the user spec says 5a.

7ah not 7a

amp-hour vs amp.

///

same beer; bigger mug.

• Haha 1

Decided to go for the 7amp hour (same dimensions) after recommendations from sellers and this thread.  What the heck it might be THB c140 more expensive than the 5amp hour battery recommended on this thread but I'm feeling in a generous mood after today's big win (4-0).

I've ordered it....

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i261289211-s401998276.html?urlFlag=true&mp=1&spm=spm%3Da2o4m.order_details.item_title.1

Now my wife just told me that Mitsubishi recommended we replace our Pajero battery as it's now down to 40%......  Do I sense a Pajero battery thread coming on..........................????