Domestic Travel into Sandbox

Old Greg

We are flying into Phuket this weekend from Bangkok, and I want to make sure that I understand what is required of us for our trip.

1. Proof of vaccination OR proof of Covid test OR medical certificate of recovery from Covid

2. Register trip on Go Phuget website.

3. Download and register MorChana app on cell phone

Am I missing anything? Regarding MorChana app, does one still need to scan the ThaiChana codes entering businesses?

We are expats residing in Bangkok, and have not left Thailand since the Covid pandemic started.

We are looking forward to a little beach time.

Thank you,

Greg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, skatewash said:

Use a bit of common sense.  They can fine you 1,000 baht (seems to be the going rate) for not wearing a mask but you have to be pretty unlucky/belligerent/uncooperative.

Thumbs up for a well considered post.

So paranoid that others threaten with 20000 Baht for not wearing a mask in the car with my wife.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, johng said:

Go to Jomtien instead  much closer,cheaper  and has none of the silly requirements.

Are the restaurants legally selling alcohol in Jomtien?   Only one test required to get to Phuket, no biggy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, pagallim said:

Are the restaurants legally selling alcohol in Jomtien? 

Are they in Phuket ?

4 minutes ago, pagallim said:

Only one test required to get to Phuket, no biggy.

Not to mention the fully vaccinated bit, and remember if that "no biggy" test turns out positive you'll be spending the holiday in a Covid camp !

9 minutes ago, pagallim said:

Are the restaurants legally selling alcohol in Jomtien?   Only one test required to get to Phuket, no biggy.

You re going all that way to eat a Meal with some kind of Alcoholic beverage. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, johng said:

Are they in Phuket ?

Not to mention the fully vaccinated bit, and remember if that "no biggy" test turns out positive you'll be spending the holiday in a Covid camp !

Yes, they are.   You need a negative test to get on the flight in BKK, then there are no tests in Phuket.   

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, johng said:

Are they in Phuket ?

Yes, restaurants legally sell alcohol in Phuket.  Bars that don't also serve food are not allowed to open.

The requirements to enter Phuket domestically are in the graphic above.  They aren't that complicated buy many seem to get them wrong.

• Like 2

Phuket is in the middle of the monsoon so the sea is pretty much unplayable. You might get days where the lifeguards will let you in, but…

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, pagallim said:

An update from today.   Previously, entry into domestic entry into Phuket was permissable either through vaccination, a test certificate, or doing 14 days quarantine.   The 14 days quarantine option has now been removed.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/all-first-day-sandbox-arrivals-test-covid-negative-as-rules-change-for-land-entry-80548.php

But delivery drivers etc can still travel to Phuket with none of the aforementioned. I just hope they have not partied the night before in Bangkok, ….. out of sight of the police of course.

• Sad 1

On 7/2/2021 at 2:04 PM, Old Greg said:

We are flying into Phuket this weekend from Bangkok, and I want to make sure that I understand what is required of us for our trip.

1. Proof of vaccination OR proof of Covid test OR medical certificate of recovery from Covid

2. Register trip on Go Phuget website.

3. Download and register MorChana app on cell phone

Am I missing anything? Regarding MorChana app, does one still need to scan the ThaiChana codes entering businesses?

We are expats residing in Bangkok, and have not left Thailand since the Covid pandemic started.

Please let us know how it goes. I'm planning a similar trip in a week or so. My understanding was that all you need is item 1 on your list, and the other requirements are for people flying in from abroad. 

Editing to add that, from the link to the Phuket News article, above, it seems that everyone is now required to install the app.

“Additionally, all arrivals must install the tracing Mor Chana app. Anyone who does not follow this condition will not be allowed entry to the island,” the Governor added.

Edited by Exploring Thailand
Add Phuket News quote

2 minutes ago, Exploring Thailand said:

Please let us know how it goes. I'm planning a similar trip in a week or so. My understanding was that all you need is item 1 on your list, and the other requirements are for people flying in from abroad. 

Requirements in graphic.  Note 14-day quarantine in lieu of other covid options is no longer allowed.

1623303082_1-org.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I read on Thai Visa that I can buy a connecting flight from BKK to Phuket and participate in the Phuket Sandbox.  I hold a non-immigrant B visa and a work permit.  I am traveling in the US now and booked to return to BKK 11 July.  I submitted my COE already but have not heard back yet.  Any revelations regarding this?

10 hours ago, Bogbrush said:

Phuket is in the middle of the monsoon so the sea is pretty much unplayable. You might get days where the lifeguards will let you in, but…

My kids love this season. Nice waves.  Nai Harn is playable everyday. On the west coast mostly in Kata Noi. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JOE BAMA said:

I read on Thai Visa that I can buy a connecting flight from BKK to Phuket and participate in the Phuket Sandbox.  I hold a non-immigrant B visa and a work permit.  I am traveling in the US now and booked to return to BKK 11 July.  I submitted my COE already but have not heard back yet.  Any revelations regarding this?

Not true.  Your arrival in Thailand under the Phuket Sandbox must occur in Phuket (no connecting flights from BKK).  Connecting flights are fine as long as they occur outside of Thailand.

9 hours ago, JOE BAMA said:

nope, no ( as yet) connecting flights
if u fly to bangkok u do 14 days quarantine there

7 hours ago, beechbum said:

COVID contracted at Central a few days ago, Starbucks, didn't see it reported though!

Its on various Thai language social media and has also been on the Thai facebook page (  https://www.facebook.com/83ssj/?__tn__=-UC*F  )  for more at least a couple of days.  Unfortunately, one needs to read Thai to read it.  

I am a bit disappointed that not one of the Phuket English language news sources are not quickly translating the Phuket COVID POSITIVE case timelines into the language of their webpages (ie English), while the #s of those afflicted in Phuket are small.

Edited by oldcpu

11 minutes ago, oldcpu said:

Its on various Thai language social media and has also been on the Thai facebook page (  https://www.facebook.com/83ssj/?__tn__=-UC*F  )  for more at least a couple of days.  Unfortunately, one needs to read Thai to read it.  

I am a bit disappointed that not one of the Phuket English language news sources are not quickly translating the Phuket COVID POSITIVE case timelines into the language of their webpages (ie English), while the #s of those afflicted in Phuket are small.

‘They must have heard you’

https://www.thephuketnews.com/covid-alert-issued-for-domestic-fight-passengers-and-cafe-customers-80558.php

On 7/3/2021 at 11:54 AM, Bogbrush said:

Unless you have a surfboard. ????