Dependent visa fianance requirments

Hi There,

just wanted to confirm something in regards to extending a Non-O dependent visa based on my Thai son. 

It is correct that I need to show financial proof (atleast 400K) on the day of application right? But do I understand it correct that opposed to the Marriage visa, these funds don't have to be there for at least months? 

TIA ????

It is not a dependent extension. It is a extension of stay (it is not a visa) based upon being the parent of a Thai.

The clause of the immigration order for one does not mention any amount of time that the 400k baht has to be in the bank.

But some odd offices may require it to be in the bank for 2 months on the day you apply.

51 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is not a dependent extension. It is a extension of stay (it is not a visa) based upon being the parent of a Thai.

The clause of the immigration order for one does not mention any amount of time that the 400k baht has to be in the bank.

But some odd offices may require it to be in the bank for 2 months on the day you apply.

Ok, than you for your reply. Would a bank statement showing my current balance be sufficient or do they want to see all the statements? I'm in Phuket if this helps.

47 minutes ago, Eibot said:

Ok, than you for your reply. Would a bank statement showing my current balance be sufficient or do they want to see all the statements? I'm in Phuket if this helps.

Your bank book updated on the same day the required bank letter is done should be enough.

43 minutes ago, pagallim said:

This is from the relevant Phuket Immigration Volunteers page, and details the exact requirements:

The did the name of the extension wrong by calling a it a custodian extension. It is really based upon being the legal parent of Thai.

There is nothing in the immigration orders stating custody of the child is required. Many people having gotten the extension with joint custody after getting divorced.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Your bank book updated on the same day the required bank letter is done should be enough.

The did the name of the extension wrong by calling a it a custodian extension. It is really based upon being the legal parent of Thai.

There is nothing in the immigration orders stating custody of the child is required. Many people having gotten the extension with joint custody after getting divorced.

As the poster is in Phuket, just wanted to share Phuket Immigration's requirements UJ.   I've found that the details for extensions and other actions that are contained in their website are exactly what's required to be presented.

• Like 1