Buying an used car in Phillipines

I might want to buy a 3-4 years old car in Phillipines but how can i be sure the millage is correct? Other then checking the car service book history maintenance stamps? In Europe millage for used cars gets listed in a computer system but I assume that’s not the case in Phills.

I've owned a car or two in the Philippines and it can be difficult to ensure that the mileage is accurate.

If the owner has the original service paperwork, you can use that to roughly gauge if the mileage is correct or not.

So if they have original receipts (ORs) showing oil changes at (for example) 10k km, 20k km and 30k km and the odometer shows 25k km, its obviously been modified.

If they claim the vehicle has been serviced at the dealer, see if they will provide the service history from the dealer.

No service paperwork is a big red flag. Either the mileage on the paperwork wont match the odometer or no maintenance has been done (not unusual); coin flip either way.

All in all, it's really a <deleted> shoot; and with a culture of not wanting to discount used vehicles much, you may be better off buying new and not dealing with someone else's problem.

Good luck!

• Like 1