Foodbyphone

correct

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GF eventually got her steak last night. Freezing cold and the mashed potato had leaked all over the bottom of the cardboard tray covering the other packages.

Not that impressed for a first time. They will however give discount on next order...

• 2 months later...

Foodbyphone is horrible and is overpriced.

Chefxpress has no issue, if theres a problem u can call them they fix everything up and get you freebies.

You can enter in the comment box any item from any place.. i make them go tesco/7/11 a LOT and never have to pay extras for it they even bring the receipt which is what i pay for.

i have 9 friends using it almost daily and no complaints, clearly someoen who says anything bad against chefxpress is crazy.

Foodbyphone is a rip off. They mark-up prices by doubling the prices of food they deliver and then add 80 baht for delivery. Apart from this, they try to sell you 'VIP membership' cards. Ha!!! Even after discounting their prices, they are still overcharging. Anywhere else around the world you'll find food deliveries but, excuse me for saying, Thailand is meant to be cheap in terms of 'cost of living'.

ChefsXP.com on the otherhand, eventhough a new comer, has got their act together!! Great service at the BEST PRICES. Their bestsite is the best I've seen!!!

I just don't get how a service which uses the same type of motobikes, same restaurant, etc. . . can be ripping ppl off left right and center. . .

how can you compare the two?

do chefs xp have the great catalogue? the website is crap and cannot be compared, come on you get what you pay for and FBP fits the need in my book.

you certainly have never used the websites if you think the food by phone one is better. it takes less than half the number of clicks to order a meal and you dont have to navigate between screens before ordering the next item with xp. but if you had used the web you would know that.

despite the insane no-markup evangelist it is a good service. it is a little cheeky to show the savings and add vat during checkout though it does explain the wack 127.25 baht style of pricing.

chefsxp's website was only recently upgraded. :o

Chefsxp is far better. Not only for the price, but on numerous occasions Foodbyphones delivery guys appeared to be grubby and wearing soiled clothing + on a few occasion's tried short changing. I must have ordered with chefsxp nearly 100 times since they upgraded the website and none of this has happened once.

I've always used FBP and thought they were VERY expensive.

I did not know about ChefXP, now I do I will deffo give them a try when I am in BK

Cheers.

Wish we had something like it in CM

TP they are very good, and I will certainly not use FBP anymore as it is a total rip off.

I must admit, i've stopped using FBP and now favour ChefsXP when i need a delivery.

The price did it for me (im a tight bar steward) but generally the service seems better than with FBP and the drivers are better presented. Also, ChefsXP seems to have a wider choice of resturants with more and more being added

• 4 weeks later...

These days I only use foodbyphone when I want beer with my meal

Wonder if ChefsXP is having problems keeping restaurants on its list as I few have since stopped deliver via them, including The Winking Frog (which I used to order a lot from!)

I must admit, i've stopped using FBP and now favour ChefsXP when i need a delivery.

The price did it for me (im a tight bar steward) but generally the service seems better than with FBP and the drivers are better presented. Also, ChefsXP seems to have a wider choice of resturants with more and more being added

I'm done with FBP, too. I even signed up for their VIP service when I first started ordering from them, but I find XP much faster and definitely cheaper.

I've never had a problem with drivers being 'grubby', though. I must say I'm curious why it would even matter, unless they were doubling as the cooks themselves.

Anyway, consider me a convert to XP, thanks to everyone one this thread for a newly satisfied customer.

BFD!

As I said before FBP better adjust there prices or eventually the will lose most of there customers to chef xp.Now by having two services FBP will lose some of there customer base thats only buisness.I see what's happening in pattaya before there was only one service for years and now some new guy's opens with all the same prices,The only difference is there marketing campaign is far supieror then the other service thats enough to hurt there buisness.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello everyone...

It's seems like the previous message have been send buy the guys from Chefs XP.... !!!!! (Most of them)

I think ChefsXP is totally UNRPOFESSIONAL... here is a copy of an email I send them previously.... I never had any message back or phone call to apology.... (Again, how professional !!!)

-----------------------------------

Hello

First at all it's literally impossible to contact you by email from your website.... I dont really understand that but it's okay !!! I had to call you to get your email address...

I wanted to complain before but i never had time...

Anyway, i do have some now. About 2 weeks ago i ordered some food from your service... 90 minutes later, my food was still not arrived at my place (SUK 71 Predee 14) .... I called you asking you whats the problem and you guys told me you had a problem with the address...

So, FIRST, I asked the oparator, why didn't you call me to let me know.... But you operator couldn't give me any answer...(thats very professional !!!)

After that, I asked him whats my address... He told me my address and all was right... So after that he actually told me that the messenger will be there in 15 minutes....

It's mean 1 hour and 45 minutes after i ordered !!!!!! How nice and again how professional. So actually I dont know where was the problem, but what i know is:

- You operator are TOTALLY unprofessional

- They couldn't give me answer about anything

- They lied to me.

And after all that the operator was surprised because i canceled the food... After 1, 45 minutes, i think it's normal !

After all that, I never get any email or phone call from you to apologies. again, HOW PROFESSIONAL.

I will never EVER order food from you.

I much prefer spend 40 bath more with Food by Phone but at least I AM SURE that with them, my food will be ON TIME and the service will be professional !

Have a good day.

Laurent

Hello everyone...

It's seems like the previous message have been send buy the guys from Chefs XP.... !!!!! (Most of them)

I think ChefsXP is totally UNRPOFESSIONAL... here is a copy of an email I send them previously.... I never had any message back or phone call to apology.... (Again, how professional !!!)

Hello

First at all it's literally impossible to contact you by email from your website.... I dont really understand that but it's okay !!! I had to call you to get your email address...

Anyway, i do have some now. About 2 weeks ago i ordered some food from your service... 90 minutes later, my food was still not arrived at my place (SUK 71 Predee 14) .... I called you asking you whats the problem and you guys told me you had a problem with the address...

So, FIRST, I asked the oparator, why didn't you call me to let me know.... But you operator couldn't give me any answer...(thats very professional !!!)

After that, I asked him whats my address... He told me my address and all was right... So after that he actually told me that the messenger will be there in 15 minutes....

It's mean 1 hour and 45 minutes after i ordered !!!!!! How nice and again how professional. So actually I dont know where was the problem, but what i know is:

- They lied to me.

And after all that the operator was surprised because i canceled the food... After 1, 45 minutes, i think it's normal !

After all that, I never get any email or phone call from you to apologies. again, HOW PROFESSIONAL.

I much prefer spend 40 bath more with Food by Phone but at least I AM SURE that with them, my food will be ON TIME and the service will be professional !

Have a good day.

Laurent

Thanks for the long version, perhaps you could have just said they didn't reply to your email?

The letter above leaves me to wonder if the poster is close to the owner of FBP seeing as the last post on this topic was over a month ago and Mr. Laurent here logs on and makes his first post on such a subject? What so inspired you to look up such an old topic (that was obviously not at the top of the current forum list). I too have people that don't reply to emails, not sure though I look up a month old topic on TV to make that point though unless I had different motives.

I used Foodbyphone last night and was impressed by their service, however it is really overpriced. I will try ChefsXP next time.

They mark-up prices by doubling the prices of food they deliver and then add 80 baht for delivery.

Are you supposed to tip the delivery guys too, on top of that?

Hello everyone...

Hello

- They lied to me.

Have a good day.

Laurent

Considering they have live support online I find this very difficult to believe.........

Are you supposed to tip the delivery guys too, on top of that?

No worries there, they usually try to tip themselves and are out of your sight before you can even count the change, and/or hide any coins under the flap on the leather change thing or just give u 100 baht short, then if u manage to catch em before there in the lift and gone the 100 has magically appeared in the leather change wallet... Maybe just aswell though, theres probably more bacteria under half ems fingernails than a comodo dragons mouth! :D

This has happened 2 out of the last 5 times I've ordered with chefsXP also though to be fair, total was something like 472 I handed over a 500 and they did one, they do seem to wash their uniforms and hands more often than once a month like their counterparts though... :D

The problem with complaining about stuff like this is pretty obvious...

ChefsXP definitely beats FoodbyPhone though, they are quicker 95% of the time and I don't think theres a single item on their menu thats costs as much as FoodbyPhone.

A personal recommendation, Jools @ ChefsXP.. The portions are man size to say the least.. :o

One more thing abhttp://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=122276&st=75&start=75#

Complete Editout laurent128's post that makes it absolutely stink of bullsh1t were the comments about the operators, its not very often you get the old "yes sir no sir so sorry sir, this will be passed onto the managing director ASAP, etc etc" from customer service staff in Thailand nowadays unless your in a 5* hotel or similar. Its the kind of politeness and customer service ChefsXP seem to offer though. And this was just over subway putting the wrong sauce on my sub, which wasn't even their fault.

I'm more than happy to stick up for a good company if someones blatantly trying to defame them for their own unprofessional rabbles benefit. Good companies servicing mainly foreigners over here are becoming fewer by the year.

Edited by TopDogger

• 3 weeks later...
I used Foodbyphone last night and was impressed by their service, however it is really overpriced. I will try ChefsXP next time.

I have used ChefsXP twice since and am about to order from them a 3rd time. I liked Food By Phone too, they seem to have a more extensive catalog and I like their website better, but ChefsXP is just so much cheaper, and also good service!

Oh, I do have one criticism of ChefsXP- they don't always give a good description of the dish. So for instance I ordered a Reuben Sandwich from Larry's Dive, and it didn't mention it came with fries. I ordered fries extra. So I ended up paying 100 baht more, and had 2 orders of fries, which is too much for me. Would be nice if they mentioned the sides.

Edited by girlx

• 2 weeks later...

I use both of these services and am quite happy with them.

I do like the fact that you can order cans of beer, pepsi and cigarettes from food by phone.

Also certain pubs/restaurants are only available on one of them.