7,347 hotel bookings on Phuket in July, as 15 local COVID-19 infections logged

webfact

Phuket-sandbox_210705.jpg

7,347 people have booked their hotel rooms for stays during July, as part of the Phuket “sandbox” project, which began on July 1st and enables fully vaccinated foreign tourists to enter Thailand through Phuket, without entering quarantine, according to the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) today (Monday).

The bookings account for 90,861 room nights, with 2,787 people in Patong sub-district, followed by 1,193 people in Choeng Thale and 896 others around Karon beach.

So far, 20 international flights have arrived at Phuket Airport since July 1st, carrying 1,416 foreign visitors and 477 Thai returnees. 1,764 of the new arrivals have tested negative for COVID-19, while 129 others are awaiting results, said CCSA Spokesperson Dr. Taweesin Visanuyothin.

Phuket Sandbox hotels to suit all budgets

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/7347-hotel-bookings-on-phuket-in-july-as-15-local-covid-19-infections-logged/

Logo-top-.png
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2021-07-06

pff who cares about 7500 people in 1 month ... ok , some hotels got a few guests , but talking about total people , prob most of them would have flew in anyway , and went through the ASQ procedure anyway . They can advertise what they want ( ps i see posts now in local media about Thailand open for tourists every single day ), but tbh , the situation is not good . Even in Europe , cases are rising in many countries due to holidays , less rules , Delta . Hospitals are still ok , since many are vaccinated . Talking about travel outside Europe , long distance travel ... naah i don't think so . I want to come 10000% , but im not your normal tourist , and if you ask me now , come next week to "sandbox" and after roam for free , i'd say No F** Way . They have to be honest ... very difficult for Thai person , and a politician + Thai is like winning the lottery 2 weeks in a row . Being honest , no normal tourist ( there is always 1 ) will travel long distance , to a country with heavy rising numbers , with a load of rules ... Get the numbers down to something which is like ok , it's pretty safe , i can travel and no have more hassle then needed in these difficult times  .

• Like 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The bookings account for 90,861 room nights, with 2,787 people in Patong sub-district, followed by 1,193 people in Choeng Thale and 896 others around Karon beach.

In a previous calculation they were taking the total number of room nights over a 14 day period so 90,861 "nights" may translate to 6490 people, which seems about right.

Beats me why anyone would choose Patong or Karon, which are still largely closed. If I was coming to Phuket I would head for Rawai, where the situation has remained relatively "normal" with the expat community helping to keep things ticking over.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ourmanflint said:

What on earth is in Patong? Why so popular?

I dont think people have done much research where to stay Ive seen post on FB from people staying in Patong saying it's dead 

I think after 7 days they can move to another location and hotel,