Phuket health chief moves to dampen Starbucks COVID fears

webfact

1625470289_1-org.jpg

Dr Kusak responded after his office was flooded with calls after the Starbucks COVID alert. Image: PR Phuket

By The Phuket News

PHUKET: Phuket Provincial Public Health Office (PPHO) Chief Dr Kusak Kukiattikoon has gone public to confirm that only one person confirmed as infected with COVID-19 has been traced to have visited a Starbucks café, but he also confirmed that 24 people were being treated as “high-risk” contacts and were now under observation at a LQ (local quarantine) venue.

The explanation came after the Phuket Provincial Information Center posted an alert on Saturday (July 3) and asked Starbucks customers who visited stores at Central Phuket shopping mall to be tested for COVID-19 at a hospital near their home.

Those who visited Starbucks located on floor G of the Floresta building at Central Phuket during the following times and dates were requested to present themselves for testing.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-health-chief-moves-to-dampen-starbucks-covid-fears-80567.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-07-06
  • Haha 1

anyoe that can make logical sense out of that (full) news item regarding the state of vaccination 1st jab 2nd jab please explain it here because it is way beyond my ability to comprehend

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That's the real risk of Phuket sandbox program:
If any PCR test out of four is positive (even false positive) or even if negative but you go to same venue where a positive went, you will be imprisoned into hospital for "observation".
  • Like 1

"...but he also confirmed that 24 people were being treated as “high-risk” contacts and were now under observation at a LQ (local quarantine) venue."

Gosh I wish these reports were more clear....so are they locked up because they've tested positive or merely suspicion of being positive?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, edwinchester said:

"...24 people were being treated as “high-risk” contacts and were now under observation at a LQ (local quarantine) venue."

Gosh I wish these reports were more clear....so are they locked up because they've tested positive or merely suspicion of being positive?

a high-risk contact is someone who was in close proximity, less than 1 meter, or may have had physical contact with a confirmed infected person for a certain amount of time (different contact tracing protocols have different amounts of time).

• Like 1

I've thought for a while now that he standard of reporting and English in the Phuket News has been pretty awful. Judging by a couple of comments on here, it seems like I'm not the only one with these views.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

PHUKET: Phuket Provincial Public Health Office (PPHO) Chief Dr Kusak Kukiattikoon has gone public to confirm that only one person confirmed as infected with COVID-19 has been traced to have visited a Starbucks café, but he also confirmed that 24 people were being treated as “high-risk” contacts and were now under observation at a LQ (local quarantine) venue.

Better than Shakespeare.

1 hour ago, poskat said:

a high-risk contact is someone who was in close proximity, less than 1 meter, or may have had physical contact with a confirmed infected person for a certain amount of time (different contact tracing protocols have different amounts of time).

Yes I know that but normally to go into quarantine you would have to test positive. My understanding is that contacts have to self isolate for a certain time only.

16 hours ago, madmitch said:

I've thought for a while now that he standard of reporting and English in the Phuket News has been pretty awful. Judging by a couple of comments on here, it seems like I'm not the only one with these views.

You are right he standard, pretty awful.