Thailand reports 5,420 new COVID-19 cases, 57 more deaths

webfact

COVID6.jpg

Reuters file photo

Thailand on Tuesday (July 6) reported 5,420 new COVID-19 cases and 57 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

● 5,383 new infections

● 37 prison / prison infections

Tuesday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 294,653 with 2,333 deaths.

(Total infections since April 1: 265,790)

The news comes as Thailand’s Department of Disease Control (DDC) has noted that the COVID-19 situation has been aggravated by viral mutations since April, with the spread of the Delta variant.

asean_now_BB.jpg
-- © Copyright ASEAN NOW 2021-07-06

202763621_358680969083567_6346128353893118255_n.jpg

213015979_353215122983850_903245343689173787_n.jpg
  • Thanks 1

The Intervac website has been updated with the promise of vaccines becoming available for foreigners age 60 and above and those with chronic medical conditions:

Screenshot_10.jpg.52653443369154a274b5acb50747c4e7.jpg

https://www.thailandintervac.com/

This time, the latest version appears to abandon having foreign nationals make appointments online at the government website, and instead appears to be directing foreigners to contact and book appointments directly thru the two hospitals.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Testing limitations evident with this dip, the true number of infected will carry on increasing despite lack of testing and the situation will not be resolved until testing and measures are increased significantly. 

absolutely 100% correct

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

This time, the latest version appears to abandon having foreign nationals make appointments online at the government website, and instead appears to be directing foreigners to contact and book appointments directly thru the two hospitals.

took them long enough

but only in Bangkok

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, smedly said:

took them long enough

but only in Bangkok

IF they follow past practice in this new round, the two Bangkok locations will allow people from other provinces to register and receive vaccines with them....

But yes, it remains disappointing that the central government still hasn't expanded their official vaccines route to include any locations outside of BKK.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, worrab said:

I am 66 years old and luckily with no underlying conditions. But I am certainly not driving for 6 hours just to go through that rigmarole. Our local hospital, where I am registered, has had one out of five days of vaccination before running out. beginning of June. There has been no sign of any further vaccinations since, of for the foreseeable future.  

The government's spokeswoman made it clear yesterday in public comments (if they actually do what they say they're going to do) that they're going to have a push on during July to vaccinate the elderly and medically vulnerable in Bangkok during July (she was talking mainly about Thais), with older people in most other provinces likely having to wait until August.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The Intervac website has been updated with the promise of vaccines becoming available for foreigners age 60 and above and those with chronic medical conditions:

Screenshot_10.jpg.52653443369154a274b5acb50747c4e7.jpg

https://www.thailandintervac.com/

I wonder what happened to using the MedPark hospital and if it affects the second vaccination many of us have been scheduled for.

Just now, wensiensheng said:

I believe the correct technical term that I have seen used on this forum is “artifact”. 5555

Not a term I am familiar with, nor even heard when doing my A-Level Maths....... I must learn to know my limits.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, worrab said:

And what about all those who live nowhere near Bangkok and are out in other provinces. Has to be the most shambolic vaccination programme ever not helped by the disastrous procurement, or not, of the necessary vaccines.  

Just wondering, have you made enquires at your local health facilities as to the chances of being vaccinated ?