Spread of Delta Variant in Thailand Aggravates COVID-19 Situation

snoop1130

d206ee2cbe27ff1c25c48f1b3da9aa28_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - Thailand’s Department of Disease Control (DDC) has noted that the COVID-19 situation has been aggravated by viral mutations since April, with the spread of the Delta variant.

DDC deputy director-general Dr. Sophon Iamsirsithavorn said, although the initial outbreak was in the Bangkok area, it has spread to the capital’s perimeter and in crowded places, such as factories. The infection has entered communities and more households.

He said the main measures, which can help contain the outbreak, are to reduce mobility, reduce travel and reduce the risk of getting infected in workplaces. Other measures include not eating at food outlets.

Dr. Sophon added that an order will be placed for 20 million doses of the Pfizer vaccine, in addition to procurement of Sinovac and AstraZeneca. It’s necessary to negotiate a faster pace of delivery, as the company says the vaccine will be delivered around the fourth quarter of this year.

nnt.jpg

-- © Copyright NNT 2021-07-05

With 50% of the UK double vaccinated new cases rose by 75% last week........what the hell is going to happen here?

Having said that.....what is going to happen now in the UK with Bungling Bunter about to lift almost all restrictions.

It is creeping closer.....just received a notice from Juristic.......building to be sanitized......infected person awaiting collection and removal to hospital....third one in a week

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

Ah yes ,the sinovaccians will surely being looking over their shoulders , with a false sense of security ,so to speak because of the spread of the variant  and its poor performance that's been repeatedly reported

I know I would !

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, JamesH said:

Real world data from Public Health England,  demonstrated two doses of COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca are 92% effective against hospitalisation due to the Delta variant and showed no deaths among those vaccinated.

Didn’t the PM have the AZ shot? …………………. Darn!

20 minutes ago, connda said:

Both the WHO and CDC have walked back their initial warning about transmission via surfaces.  According to sources on the CDC site surface transmission is about 1 in 10,000.  It's airborne via someone hacking, coughing, snottering, or sneezing.  But the government and business will still be mandating that people slather alcohol over their hands before entering a building forever.  The distilleries can't make profits nowadays by selling booze so no doubt they have cut over to creating alcohol for hand-gel.  Bob's Your Uncle!

But you can only buy alcohol between the hours of 11-2 and 5-9 at the moment. Should apply to hand sanitiser as well as at 70% ….. better than a stiff Thai Whisky ????.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

You will all die within 2 years anyway so why worry enjoy yourself while you can

I liked to have my family gathered around me when Its time to mess the bed ! I could be wrong but hospitals have restriction for visitations on account of the virus ! Need those vaccine's to gain entrance to be less susceptible to restrictions  

Edited by riclag

54 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

I bet a third dose is already on the way for 'certain' people.........obviously not frontline health workers.

Finland they give third dose to HEALTH workers and over 70 years old , also people who have disease's!

Hmm... not many Europe country is corrupted!

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, connda said:

Both the WHO and CDC have walked back their initial warning about transmission via surfaces.  According to sources on the CDC site surface transmission is about 1 in 10,000.  It's airborne via someone hacking, coughing, snottering, or sneezing.  But the government and business will still be mandating that people slather alcohol over their hands before entering a building forever.  The distilleries can't make profits nowadays by selling booze so no doubt they have cut over to creating alcohol for hand-gel.  Bob's Your Uncle!

Attribution:
"Quantitative microbial risk assessment (QMRA) studies have been conducted to understand and characterize the relative risk of SARS-CoV-2 fomite transmission and evaluate the need for and effectiveness of prevention measures to reduce risk. Findings of these studies suggest that the risk of SARS-CoV-2 infection via the fomite transmission route is low, and generally less than 1 in 10,000, which means that each contact with a contaminated surface has less than a 1 in 10,000 chance of causing an infection"
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/more/science-and-research/surface-transmission.html