English Food Supermarkets

Aikido

Yes they deliver, and they say its free.

Good stuff.

Any recommendations (non-seafood) ?

I like the set menus. If I remember correctly there are 2 set menus - one is vegetarian and the other is chicken (99 baht and 129 baht). The chicken is boneless which I like.

Each set comes with 3 separate courses (small but very enjoyable) along with saffron rice and a popadum. A nice combination and gives you a real taster of what they can do.

I hope you enjoy whatever you order. :o

sad that royal india didn't make it. have talked to them many times before but they always mention that times are not good for them. they do catering though and am sure they would still cater to requests for catering. like someone mentioned, they are selling at the sunday road market?

no one mentioned rockin kebab? on loi kroh road. passed that place a couple times but never tried them. any experiences?

Hi Im in Chiang Mai for a week so id like to know if there are any english supermarkets or anywhere i can buy cheese or english style breads not the sweet Thai stuff, any info appreciated.

This discussion seems to have drifted off into the relative merits of various Indian establishment!

Ayyway, I can happily recommend a small bakery called Bake & Bite. There's one tucked into a small soi near to Tha Pae Gate. Walk past Art Cafe and carry on towards Rooftop Hemp Cafe. At the corner of the road there's a small restaurant that I think is called Antiques. Turn left here into the soi and Bake & Bite is straight ahead. There's another branch at Chan Klan Rd opposite the new Lacoste shop.

Bake & Bite have wonderful breads, bagels, quiches and cakes. The breakfasts are pretty good too.

Hope you find what you're looking for!

MCL

PS - I was seriously unimpressed by Le Spice. I thought it was definitely style over substance. Insipid inauthentic food. Rockin' Kebab was okay but nothing special. Let's face it, we need a good Indian restaurant up here.

Talking about inauthentic Indian food, I think that The Whole Earth takes the cake.

Sad, because the ingredients seem to be good quality, but just not the right ones or the right taste! :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

Talking about inauthentic Indian food, I think that The Whole Earth takes the cake.

Sad, because the ingredients seem to be good quality, but just not the right ones or the right taste! :o

Sorry, didn't read the rest of the thread. But anyone been to Le Spice? I hear its really good!

Phil