Getting a UK priority visa

It used to be you could pay extra in Bangkok and get a UK visa in 3-5 days but now on the website there is only the standard option "most people get a decision within 15 working days after attending their biometrics appointment".  Has the priority version been removed?

With cases rising in Thailand and how often the UK seems to change the classifications I do not want to plan and pay for everything only to have Thailand added to the UK's red list meaning my wife cannot go so I want to go as soon as possible.

Thanks a lot,

Westen

The option for the priority visa is on the VFS global page that they direct you to after completing the application.  It was there a few weeks ago when my GF applied anyway.  VFS are only doing Monday, Wednesday and Friday by the looks of things, but they were not busy.  GF was the only person there and all time slots were available even for the next day.  Appears they are only doing passport collections Monday and Wednesday if you don't trust it being posted. 

But I agree with your thought process regarding it potentially going red list.  Looking at the Visa group the Thai girls use for the UK on Facebook, anything done on 21st and 23rd June has come through this week - so about 2 weeks at the moment.

The priority service was available when I booked my wife's appointment a couple of weeks ago.  I have the same concerns now but its too late now. I stated 28th as her intended date of travel and from memory, that's the date they will start her visa from.  The next UK travel update is 15th and any changes usually come in on the following Tuesday which is the 20th. Even if my wife's visa arrives earlier than the stated 15 days and I can change her flight date, she won't be able to fly due to the visa start date.  Just have to hope and pray Thailand stays on the Amber List.

OP note - as far as I know, regardless of which service you use, the clock starts on the day your wife attends VFS for her biometrics appointment.

My mother in the UK passed away 2 years ago today. I needed an emergency visa for my Thai wife to attend the funeral ( she has been to the UK with me 9 times ).

I called the visa service to ask what was the best way of obtaining the visa quickly, they weren't interested. After 5 days of trying to make headway i gave up and went on my own.

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, Geordieabroad said:

My mother in the UK passed away 2 years ago today. I needed an emergency visa for my Thai wife to attend the funeral ( she has been to the UK with me 9 times ).

I called the visa service to ask what was the best way of obtaining the visa quickly, they weren't interested. After 5 days of trying to make headway i gave up and went on my own.

Not sure why they were unable to advise you, but the option has been there for quite a few years for a 5 working day and 1 working day option.  Costing 9300 and 40400 baht respectively (on top of the price paid to the UK Gov at the end of the application)

The details are on the VFS global site https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/th/en/premium-services.  On completion of the application you are directed to VFS global to book your appointment and these services can be selected.  Obviously no help to you now, but might help others looking in future.

I used the 5 day option once and it still took 8 working days.  It is not guaranteed, which is quite poor given the amounts charged.