No money, no honey! Hua Hin bar workers rally against nightlife closure, demand vaccine

webfact

1 hour ago, Patong2021 said:

Billions?  Do you have credible source for this? I do not agree that these filthy brothel bars with cheap decor plastic uncomfortable chairs are money makers you claim. Instead, they are cause of social rot and crime. The profit maker for tourism sector are hotels and resorts and the tours and activities purchased by guests. 

ah ah, keep believing what the Thai government tells you!

As for the news article to me it looks like Jonny needed to make a video and the writer needed an article.  

I only saw a handful of girls and a bar owner. I didn't see hundreds of girls, bar owners. 

Maybe if they get a larger crowd the Thai news will pick up on it.

The Thai government needs to get their heads out of the sand and help the Thai people!

• Like 1

I know they are desperate and need help. But anyone with the slightest bit of brains should see that what the country needs now is a full lockdown with an effective vaccination campaign. So their current demands are somewhat childish.

They could also show concern about what their new jobs will be in the new normal. 

And just like @NCC1701A I am(was?) one of their happy customers, but I don't think it is right that prostitution be a significant sector of any country's economy.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

I know they are desperate and need help. But anyone with the slightest bit of brains should see that what the country needs now is a full lockdown with an effective vaccination campaign. So their current demands are somewhat childish.

They could also show concern about what their new jobs will be in the new normal. 

And just like @NCC1701A I am(was?) one of their happy customers, but I don't think it is right that prostitution be a significant sector of any country's economy.

You guys support and encourage the bar / prostitute system but also claim it shouldn't be a significant sector or the country's economy!?

There new jobs in the new normal? These girls don't know normal, they unfortunately know farming or bar work and most are useless at actual bar work.

Thailand has for years attracted tourists from europe and america because of the easy bar scene and cheap girls, if that goes they are not many options and its going to take a massive hit.

These 'workers' go unnoticed by the authorities and in most situations they don't acknowledge the true numbers and the amount of money that is exchanged between your standard customer and bar girl, so its hard to imagine that any official financial support is going to be offered to them.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ed strong said:

You guys support and encourage the bar / prostitute system but also claim it shouldn't be a significant sector or the country's economy!?

There new jobs in the new normal? These girls don't know normal, they unfortunately know farming or bar work and most are useless at actual bar work.

Thailand has for years attracted tourists from europe and america because of the easy bar scene and cheap girls, if that goes they are not many options and its going to take a massive hit.

These 'workers' go unnoticed by the authorities and in most situations they don't acknowledge the true numbers and the amount of money that is exchanged between your standard customer and bar girl, so its hard to imagine that any official financial support is going to be offered to them.

There are so many people paying into social security and paying taxes. I think they should get something first. 

• Like 1

On 7/7/2021 at 2:56 PM, ed strong said:

Are they generally registered as self employed or work directly for the bar?

I'm sure they should be entitled to some sort of relief based on the taxes they have previously paid? or are most of the employees on the books?

I would have stayed in the UK if I knew I was going to get some sort of relief by paying my income tax.   They really should adopt that as a method to induce early payment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/7/2021 at 11:00 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Written by "Patong2021"

Yeah, sure. I guess you like Patong because of the beach and maybe some temples? 

I like because my aunt had condo she let me stay in for just upkeep and because my job needed me to be near project. If you let me stay condo for free and give me work I go there, ok? Quality condo is 20-30,000 baht rent a year - and it adds up. 

• Haha 1

On 7/8/2021 at 9:22 AM, DaLa said:

I would have stayed in the UK if I knew I was going to get some sort of relief by paying my income tax.   They really should adopt that as a method to induce early payment.

the joke might have gone over my head slightly but I was referring to the furlough scheme in the UK for self employed, the payments are based on previous years earnings, the more tax you paid the more you are entitled to.

as with many self employed in the UK they only seem to make '11k'per year which is tax free, of course in reality their income is alot more than the claimed 11k.