Have I been forgotten? No vaccine does available for me, a vulnerable expat.

2 hours ago, HampiK said:

This is the problem here. There is no system (except the chaos system maybe).

There are some which stay in the right location (Phuket, Samui), have a work permit (which makes it easier as well) or are only lucky.

And then there are the rest who try many different ways but seems nothing works. 
The only thing what you can do is trying to book different websites, call hospitals and never give up. but still no guarantee. SADLY...

i actual work and have a work permit but so far has not helped.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, rodknock said:

there is a system, but we are not included!!!

I don't believe this to be true. It certainly has not been my experience, although I am yet to be vaccinated.

I have a work permit, yellow book and the pink Thai ID card.

I tick at least 2 of the boxes of the more vulnerable amongst us.

I have had my details taken by the village health volunteers and by my employer at least 1 month ago.

I am still waiting, but that is true for most if not all the inhabitants of my village and most of the employees of the company I work for, who are mostly Thai

I am aware of a number of expats having received vaccinations.

My feeling is that the problem is more one of insufficient vaccine doses to go around and expats not always wishing to receive the vaccine on offer.

More are being directed to areas where the problem is more acute. I am happy with that, although this is a problem which could have been foreseen and resolved much earlier.

I will be patient

• Like 2

Where are you located? If in Bangkok, you can walk in at Bangsue Grand Station vaccination center.

Take a documentation of your underlying diseases with you.

This week I saw a few foreigners on twitter who got their vaccine there.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

I'm going to suggest a "Hail Mary" play for you(if you are not familiar with American Football then it simply means throw the ball up and pray your guy comes down with it).

Guam, a US territory in the Pacific is offering visitors a vacation and vaccination programm in hopes to revitalising its struggling tourism industry.

Now, visitors may get vaccination while they vacation. Dubbed as “Air V&V” (a play on AirBnB), the vacation and vaccination program is currently aimed at Americans living in the Asia-Pacific, but is open to people of other nationalities.

The initiative received approval from Guam’s Governor Lou Leon Guerrero last week. In preparation, the country will relax quarantine rules early in July to begin the programm. Upon arrival, all visitors will have to undergo a seven-day quarantine at a self-paid facility in Guam, in line with health protocols.

On the sixth day, they will be tested for the virus. If the result comes out negative, they will be allowed to enjoy their vacations. All participants in the programm will have three options of vaccines to choose from - Pfizer, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson.

The initial cost has been stated in other media outlets at $1400??  A group of 170 from Taiwan recently landed to partake in this program.

i am an American Citizen but I'm not interested in this program because I want the Pfizer vaccine and this vaccine requires at least a month in Guam. I cannot see myself spending 30 days in Guam.  But if you want the J&J vaccine then this can be done in 14 days.  

n

You are in a tough spot and I cannot see the vaccine situation getting better for foreigners in LOS.  

Good luck

the problem with this option is that you will have to quarantine for 14 days upon arriving back in Thailand.  where? Bangkok or Phuket. the Thai government in its greedy mindless way will not allow fully vaccinated expats back into the country without a quarantine.  this should be change since their vaccine rollout has been inept. maybe by making this  difficult this is one way that they are discouraging anyone from seeking an alternative vaccine that is not Sinovac?

Edited by malibukid

5 hours ago, theoldgit said:

"Am I alone with my problem?"

Sadly not, you're one of many.

Indeed, I was supposed to be getting the AZ through my employer... at the last minute the Hospital said I could not get it.. only one foreigner per company alllowed.

• Sad 2

7 hours ago, ASEAN NOW News said:

Am I alone with my problem?

No, you’re not alone, Also I’m waiting for get the jab. Stay in home, quiet, trying to be patient. Embassy will do nothing, we are 0 value in this issue.

There was a sign up here in Hua Hin at the BKK hospital.  All sold out in the first 5 minutes.  Hospital staff and their families,  any thai with connections here in Hua hin. Dont know why the even advertised the sign up? 

• Like 1

Run around here in Ban Bung Chonburi, 70 years, etc. Been to Thessaban, while giving Sinovac to Thais, was told go to private hospital. Local hospital says no vaccine. I will wait till they come begging to give me a shot, not Sinovac. 

6 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

I'm going to suggest a "Hail Mary" play for you(if you are not familiar with American Football then it simply means throw the ball up and pray your guy comes down with it).

Guam, a US territory in the Pacific is offering visitors a vacation and vaccination programm in hopes to revitalising its struggling tourism industry.

Now, visitors may get vaccination while they vacation. Dubbed as “Air V&V” (a play on AirBnB), the vacation and vaccination program is currently aimed at Americans living in the Asia-Pacific, but is open to people of other nationalities.

The initiative received approval from Guam’s Governor Lou Leon Guerrero last week. In preparation, the country will relax quarantine rules early in July to begin the programm. Upon arrival, all visitors will have to undergo a seven-day quarantine at a self-paid facility in Guam, in line with health protocols.

On the sixth day, they will be tested for the virus. If the result comes out negative, they will be allowed to enjoy their vacations. All participants in the programm will have three options of vaccines to choose from - Pfizer, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson.

The initial cost has been stated in other media outlets at $1400??  A group of 170 from Taiwan recently landed to partake in this program.

i am an American Citizen but I'm not interested in this program because I want the Pfizer vaccine and this vaccine requires at least a month in Guam. I cannot see myself spending 30 days in Guam.  But if you want the J&J vaccine then this can be done in 14 days.  

You are in a tough spot and I cannot see the vaccine situation getting better for foreigners in LOS.  

Good luck

Quarantine was dropped on Guam on July 04. Negative test is all that is needed for entry for no quarantine.  1 day turn around time for J&J and 17 days for Pfizer. I had my 2nd Pfizer vaccine after 17 days, 4 days early. It is fine, as per the CDC. I departed 3 days later. Free PCR tests to travel from Guam, with no tests conducted on Sunday due to lab closure.  Cheap hotels or nice hotels are available, including Air B&B. Cheap flights, i.e. Zipair.com are available as well to Tokyo. Flights would be cheaper if Manilla was open for transit, but no transit passengers allowed there. Still worth it, over 6 weeks since 2nd vaccination. 

2 hours ago, Colabamumbai said:

Run around here in Ban Bung Chonburi, 70 years, etc. Been to Thessaban, while giving Sinovac to Thais, was told go to private hospital. Local hospital says no vaccine. I will wait till they come begging to give me a shot, not Sinovac. 

Yep hospitals appear to have a "self imposed" qouta on Farangs getting a jab.

8 hours ago, theoldgit said:

"Am I alone with my problem?"

Sadly not, you're one of many.

Correct you are not alone many are in the same boat but sadly our pleas fall on deaf ears. In fact the most disheartening part is that the ears that matter dont even have contact with our pleas. Maybe this forum could use its influence if it has any.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rwill said:

My wife got her vaccination there.  It was very well run.  Walk ins are only until the 18th of this month.  I would have a Thai person call first for you to make sure you aren't wasting your time, that you qualify for walk in service.  The article I read stated walk ins were for those 75 and older.

I think it is worth checking it out for you.  The number my wife called to check was 027922333.  Good luck.

I would also try calling Phayathai 2 and explain your situation.  They and a couple of other hospitals in Bangkok have only been vaccinating foreigners.  But very limited spots available.

(I wouldn't say you have been forgotten.  It is more a problem of too few vaccination doses available and a bad handling of how you register for them.  The government here, I think, had the head in the sand method for too long hoping the problem would go away on its own.)

tried the number but no answer