You are not logged in ▶️ Click to sign-up or login ×
ASEANNOW Official TikTok account is now LIVE! -Follow Us! ×

Have I been forgotten? No vaccine does available for me, a vulnerable expat.

11 hours ago, Guderian said:

Write to your government, write to your elected representative, write to the newspapers and media shows in your home country. Make as much noise as you can and maybe, just maybe, someone important will take notice.

#ShameOnThailand

At least Brits could go home and get vaccinated. Other nationalities can't go home for it. Germany requires a permanent address to register for vaccination. Even private doctors say no unless you are tax paying resident. I'm stuck in Austria, got 1 jab. Now got to find 2nd one. Thailand is not the only badly organised  country. 

• Sad 1

My experience matches yours, it's that there is a shortage of jabs. Was first offerred Astra at a far location. Next day said fully booked, nothing available. Ten days later only Sinovac offerred at a further location. Thais don't want Sinovac, so throw it to the falang dogs. I'll wait for a real vaccine. 

21 hours ago, ASEAN NOW News said:

So I definitely tick all the boxes, but why am I finding it so difficult to book, and then actually receive my vaccination here in Thailand now?

We come after Soi dogs...

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, CLW said:

Where are you located? If in Bangkok, you can walk in at Bangsue Grand Station vaccination center.

Take a documentation of your underlying diseases with you.

This week I saw a few foreigners on twitter who got their vaccine there.

He stated he's attended two hospitals over several years in Pattaya... so I don't think Bang Su is going to be any help.

I weigh 98 kilos....

This is a health deficit of which you could actually take care of by yourself.

So I definitely tick all the boxes, but why am I finding it so difficult to book, and then actually receive my vaccination here in Thailand now?

Because Thailand does only have a quite limited supply of vaccines, and they prioritize the provinces which they want to reopen to tourists.

14 hours ago, ASEAN NOW News said:
18 hours ago, rwill said:

My wife got her vaccination there.  It was very well run.  Walk ins are only until the 18th of this month.  I would have a Thai person call first for you to make sure you aren't wasting your time, that you qualify for walk in service.  The article I read stated walk ins were for those 75 and older.

I think it is worth checking it out for you.  The number my wife called to check was 027922333.  Good luck.

I would also try calling Phayathai 2 and explain your situation.  They and a couple of other hospitals in Bangkok have only been vaccinating foreigners.  But very limited spots available.

(I wouldn't say you have been forgotten.  It is more a problem of too few vaccination doses available and a bad handling of how you register for them.  The government here, I think, had the head in the sand method for too long hoping the problem would go away on its own.)

Expand  

tried the number but no answer

I had my wife try and call it again today.  It appears to be dead at this time.  It was working last month.

Not only are you not alone, it seems Thailand is not the only one playing foreigners with public promises and on the ground have no intention in many places to accommodate us.

I have many friends in SIem Reap, Cambodia and am hearing now that they all were asked to register a few weeks ago but when they turned up for the start of the (SInovac) vaccinations, only their Cambodian g/f or wife got the jab - foreigners later but no idea when.

Not surprise as I lived there for five years, no surprise at all.

1 hour ago, ASEAN NOW News said:

Staggered by the number of replies....thank you. For the record I am trying to eat less which is tough during a semi lockdow but the kilos now say 97.8 so trying hard.

I went from your weight to a current 80 kg and dropping using ketogenic diet. Heading for 75kg  in about a month. Check it out.

Cue all the eat less, count calories, faddy diet posters.

20 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Sorry but neither you, nor any of us 'filthy foreigners' here, have ever been considered as anything worthy of even being "forgotten". Disregarded is the more appropriate term. 

Rubbish,i have always been treated with respect here,having business for many years and living here the last 16 yrs, i have a pink card and my wife registered me on mor Prom and i got my az jab over a month ago ,when i arrived i was treated very well and no different from the Thai people there.

Another 2 falangs there were treated the same as i was, maybe its because we were all dressed nicely and were smiling as we registered,that is not to say that you are not the same,but to be honest many falang i have seen in my time here look scruffy and act as if they are better than the Thais.

Sorry for going on.

• Thanks 1