So... can I jog on Sukhumvit Rd after 8?

Genix

1 hour ago, Genix said:

Ultimately, can I go running on Sukhumvit Rd at 9-10 PM?

Same question, except for around 2-3 am near Victory Monument.  I am leaning to yes because there is zero Covid risk. Let's see if a cop disagrees.

3 hours ago, Why Me said:

Same question, except for around 2-3 am near Victory Monument.  I am leaning to yes because there is zero Covid risk. Let's see if a cop disagrees.

2-3 AM I can imagine almost complete peaceful silence around this time with no tourists too.

How come you're jogging at 2-3 am if you don't mind me asking?

3 hours ago, Genix said:

2-3 AM I can imagine almost complete peaceful silence around this time with no tourists too.

I walk my dog then. The weather is cooler. The streets are deserted. Most nights we don't see another soul. Even the soi dogs are sleeping. It's a different world.

People start appearing at about 4.00 ish, so I try to be home by then.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Genix said:

You said it. Peaceful empty streets. And cool. Plus I tend to sleep during the day 6am-3pm.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Why Me said:

You said it. Peaceful empty streets. And cool. Plus I tend to sleep during the day 6am-3pm.

Amen   Peace and quiet..surreal feel from the noise and crowds-traffic etc....  yep cooler temps...And in my building..quiet as well--better wifi speeds in shared network

And I have always been a night owl.....could never do the 9-5 thing..nope....and the walking dead aka ladyboys are out so thats always an adventure!

14 hours ago, Genix said:

Some say curfew, some say if you look at official documents it's not.

The restrictive measures include:

-Curfew from 9pm to 4am in Bangkok, Nakhon Pathom, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Samut Prakan, Samut Sakhon and four southern provinces of Yala, Pattani, Narathiwat and Songkhla.

-Exempt from the curfew are those in need of medical treatment, public health officials, delivery of goods like food, medicines, fuels, farm products, printed materials, post or goods for export, transport operators to bring people to and from airports or bus terminals or to bring infected patients to pre-admission centres, public utility workers, public disaster workers, bank employees and government officials.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Genix said:

You're making an assumption about some folks on here, nobody was claiming rules don't apply to them.

When Thai people are confused on what the rules are, farangs are even more confused. My question was not "will I get caught & fined" but rather "are we allowed".... The answer was cleared up saying not allowed, so I rode my stationary bike inside my condo instead and I imagine the others did not break rules either.

P.S Thanks to everyone for the clarification.

Why should you be confused, read the news. The rules change a lot but are updated in the news all the time. 

18 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Why are they so many who think they are so special that the rules don't apply for them.

It's not very clear if the 9pm-4am curfew is a strict rule or recommendation. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/11/2021 at 12:06 PM, NCC1701A said:

The restrictive measures include:

-Curfew from 9pm to 4am in Bangkok, Nakhon Pathom, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Samut Prakan, Samut Sakhon and four southern provinces of Yala, Pattani, Narathiwat and Songkhla.

-Exempt from the curfew are those in need of medical treatment, public health officials, delivery of goods like food, medicines, fuels, farm products, printed materials, post or goods for export, transport operators to bring people to and from airports or bus terminals or to bring infected patients to pre-admission centres, public utility workers, public disaster workers, bank employees and government officials.

looks like you're outa' luck mate ... Walkies after 4, or run the risk of arrest and other magical consequences.

5 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Quite surprised to see so many sociopaths in one thread.

Oh, wait...

Ah yes, you remind me of the beautiful expat "community" who like to be negative for the smallest reasons

On 7/11/2021 at 4:19 AM, Polar Bear said:

I walk my dog then. The weather is cooler. The streets are deserted. Most nights we don't see another soul. Even the soi dogs are sleeping. It's a different world.

People start appearing at about 4.00 ish, so I try to be home by then.  

Agreed. I always get up at 3am, do a few chores around the place and exercise for an hour in the house including treadmill. Crash around 8pm most evenings.

8 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

it is very clear. it is not optional. 

7 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Sure, they have police checking everywhere because it is not clear (for you)

4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

It's only ever been reported as a curfew, not a recommendation, seems perfectly clear.

Yes, it is clear now. But from the initial communications it was not evident if there were going to be punishments for breaking the curfew, or what counts as a "necessary reason" for being out at night. But seems it's been clarified now: 

4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

It's only ever been reported as a curfew, not a recommendation, seems perfectly clear.

Yeah maybe but if you go out it’s fine. Street food stalls cleaning and packing up. Has there been even a single report of someone being cited? Like I said to op, go jogging, you’re fine. Someone will tell you if it’s not. Sabai Sabai mapenrai

• Sad 2

13 hours ago, utalkin2me said:

Has there been even a single report of someone being cited? Like I said to op, go jogging, you’re fine.

When you posted that the curfew had been in force for less than 24 hours, how many people would you really expect to have been cited in the 9pm - 4am period that the regulation applied to? 

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Thanks 1