Free Rapid Antigen Tests begin today as more facilities open in Bangkok, suburbs

webfact

3DF410BD-DC01-4A95-AB5F-BA1520A57F6F.jpg

Free Rapid Antigen tests began today (Monday) at three new facilities in Bangkok, jointly operated by the National Health Security Office (NHSO), the Institute for Urban Disease Control and Prevention and the Faculty of Medical Technology of Mahidol University, with the fourth to be opened Wednesday. They will have a combined capacity to test 10,000-12,000 people a day.

The other testing facilities have, to date, been operated by Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA).

The three testing facilities opened today are at the Royal Thai Air Force’s Thupatemi Stadium in the Lam Luk Ka district of Pathum Thani, the Rajamangkala Stadium in Bang Kapi district and on the fifth floor of the car parking lot of Building B, inside the government complex in the Chaeng Watthana area.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/free-rapid-antigen-tests-begin-today-as-more-facilities-open-in-bangkok-suburbs/

Logo-top-.png

This will free up some Medical staff to care for the more needy cases, and not having to conduct testing..

However, a positive test will probably mean that some time will be spent in a Tented, Guarded Facility under some Motorway Bridge, or a Shelter made of Tarpaulin sheets on a piece of waste land somewhere.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Up Next?  20K cases a day. 
If they had PCR tests for the seasonal flu they could have destroyed the world's economies decades ago and ushered in never-ending medical authoritarianism or some other dystopian -ism without having to wait until 2020.

6 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

This will free up some Medical staff to care for the more needy cases, and not having to conduct testing..

However, a positive test will probably mean that some time will be spent in a Tented, Guarded Facility under some Motorway Bridge, or a Shelter made of Tarpaulin sheets on a piece of waste land somewhere.

I'll take one that is sold in a pharmacy (if they are ever sold in pharmacies).  I'll avoid all other tests like the plague.  I don't particularly want to be thrown into a guarded medical prison especially if I'm not sick. Most of those field hospitals look like Covid breeding grounds.  If you were asymptomatic on entering, you'll be symptomatic before leaving.  No thanks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/12/2021 at 2:27 PM, cyril sneer said:

i'm pretty shocked they're allowing people to self test and potentially show the real figures

Death knells and coffin nails for the Thai economy and tourism.

On 7/12/2021 at 2:01 PM, NCC1701A said:

can i order this on line? 

i want to test my maid. 

On 7/12/2021 at 2:27 PM, cyril sneer said:

i'm pretty shocked they're allowing people to self test and potentially show the real figures

I have not seen anything yet saying there is self testing.
Is there anything stating that apart from the rumour they were going to be available at pharmacies?
The article clearly says "the tests will be conducted by officials of the NHSO".

What are they doing spreading all the test pieces out like that???

They should be in sealed, dessicated packaging to avoid moisture and contamination until used.
All done for for show without common sense.
See below from UK test kit.

Covid Rapid antigen test strip.JPG

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, jojothai said:

I have not seen anything yet saying there is self testing.
Is there anything stating that apart from the rumour they were going to be available at pharmacies?
The article clearly says "the tests will be conducted by officials of the NHSO".

I see the other post just made recently referring to a Reuters article stating that they "should be available in stores next week.".

https://aseannow.com/topic/1223757-covid-19-rapid-antigen-tests-to-be-available-for-purchase-next-week/

Great it we see if that actually happens, but i have my doubts.
I trust that they will not be selling them loose like in the picture.

Edited by jojothai
add info

22 minutes ago, jojothai said:

I see the other post just made recently referring to a Reuters article stating that they "should be available in stores next week.".

https://aseannow.com/topic/1223757-covid-19-rapid-antigen-tests-to-be-available-for-purchase-next-week/

Great it we see if that actually happens, but i have my doubts.
I trust that they will not be selling them loose like in the picture.

Can be arranged here with forum posters....., just order a box and share selling with poster candidates ..... could be organized :wink: