Phuket Vaccine Astrazenica/Sinovac?

Petekiwi

Hello,

I read in the Bangkok Post and other publications that now if someone has had one Sinovac vaccine the next will be an astrazenica shot because of decreasing antibodies of 50% from the Sinovac vaccine every 40 days

I also read that they would not be giving Sinovac as a first shot, second shot or booster shot any more.

I was supposed to be going in for my vaccination today but hadn't confirmed my appointment when I saw my two vaccines were going to be Sinovac.

Does anyone know if it has been confirmed if first shots of vaccine in phuket now will be astarzenica?

Many thanks,

Pete

I haven't read what you've read but I would be surprised if Sinovac is being entirely relegated.  People are scheduled for the second dose of Sinovac unless that's been changed.  It's one of only two vaccines that are being made available in Thailand on a regular basis.

Having read some of the articles on this it's still not clear to me if the plan is to abandon Sinovac completely (still find that hard to believe as it's one of only two vaccines with a regular supply reaching Thailand) or that the new plan is to give first shot of Sinovac followed by a second shot of AZ for those who have received no shots at all.  Don't know what Phuket will be doing.

7 hours ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

The plan to replace second Sinovac with AZ announced Monday, is put on hold Wednesday. You cannot make this up. I have a second jab due next week, wonder what it will be?

https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2021/07/14/vaccine-cocktail-review-causes-suspension/

is it possible that the confusion could be a convenient smoke screen to mask the continued failure of Siam Biosciences to produce significant quantities of the AZ product??

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bangon04 said:

is it possible that the confusion could be a convenient smoke screen to mask the continued failure of Siam Biosciences to produce significant quantities of the AZ product??

Yes.  And, the ridiculous news today that they are still planning some sort of space travel.  Well, we still don't have any vaccines.  Let's throw out some news instead that we're going to Mars!  Whopee.  

3 hours ago, bangon04 said:

I'm sure the politicians and media can't be as forthcoming as they would like to be.   I think that is just on the surface though.  Underneath it all the people who know all the facts are doing whatever they need to do as best as they can.   

It was 100% inevitable there would be initial production problems because every other AZ manufacturer around the world had production problems as well.  Trying to ramp up production of AZ is also a slow process because of how it's made.

Edited by shdmn