PCR at home VS going? 17% diagnosed with covid at hospitals...

Genix

Read yesterday that 17% of people who visit the hospital have covid but this is probably for public hospitals only and not private ones where PCR testing is done (like Piyavate or Phyathai, recommended by Qatar Airways). Perhaps another good/private you can suggest?

I need a PCR-Test for my flight and considering booking an at-home service but I read they come in hazmat suits... not sure if I want to cause unnecessary panic in my condo  (test needed for flight-purposes only)

Edited by Genix

7 minutes ago, Genix said:

17% of people who visit the hospital have covid

Not too surprising as they will be requesting tests because of the symptoms they are experiencing.......private hospitals will find the same or similar I imagiine.

Why not just inform juristic and neighbors why the hazmat suits are coming.

Try the MedConsult clinic which is just north of Samitivej hospital. You can book online ( https://www.medconsultasia.com/) and if you book in the 8-10 am time slot, you will get results the same day between 8 and 9 pm.  Lots of foreigners here. Note the remark on the website that cash is NOT accepted.

Disclaimer: I am not in any way connected to this outfit.

1 hour ago, cormanr7 said:

Try the MedConsult clinic which is just north of Samitivej hospital. You can book online ( https://www.medconsultasia.com/) and if you book in the 8-10 am time slot, you will get results the same day between 8 and 9 pm.  Lots of foreigners here. Note the remark on the website that cash is NOT accepted.

Disclaimer: I am not in any way connected to this outfit.

This is by far the best/easiest option available. Simple and straight forward with online booking possible unlike many others. Will book with them, pretty close too.

Thank you.