Rideon Lawnmowers And Tractor Mowers

We have about 4 rai of garden that needs mowing. Its just too big for the push varieties we use at present. Does anyone know of a source of kubota rideon tractor mowers or similar quality rideon lawnmowers -eg Cox, John Deere. Prefer secondhand, as new machines seem to cost as much as a condo. Also a source of GOOD quality gardening tools, ie gardening forks wheelbarrows etc.

Thanks, Tim

We have about 4 rai of garden that needs mowing. Its just too big for the push varieties we use at present. Does anyone know of a source of kubota rideon tractor mowers or similar quality rideon lawnmowers -eg Cox, John Deere. Prefer secondhand, as new machines seem to cost as much as a condo. Also a source of GOOD quality gardening tools, ie gardening forks wheelbarrows etc.

Thanks, Tim

It appears that tractors with belly mowers are few and far between. I have never seen a second hand of that type for sale here in Thailand. I would think that the best you will be able to do is a small tractor with a three point hitch, PTO and a chopper. I have been looking for a small utility type tractor for a couple of years. I ended up buying a new one because although I looked at a lot of imported second hand tractors, I never found one that suited me. Most of what I looked at sold in the range of 90,000 to 160,000 baht. A good well made rear mower will cost in the neighborhood of 35,000 baht. Another option is the new Kubota, made in Thailand tractor. They use a 14 horsepower tak, tak diesel. I didn't like them because they are two wheel drive only and they are belt driven. (long belts). The later ones have a power take off and can drive a rear three point hitch mower. They cost about 150,000 baht new.

Thanks, Tim

It appears that tractors with belly mowers are few and far between. I have never seen a second hand of that type for sale here in Thailand. I would think that the best you will be able to do is a small tractor with a three point hitch, PTO and a chopper. I have been looking for a small utility type tractor for a couple of years. I ended up buying a new one because although I looked at a lot of imported second hand tractors, I never found one that suited me. Most of what I looked at sold in the range of 90,000 to 160,000 baht. A good well made rear mower will cost in the neighborhood of 35,000 baht. Another option is the new Kubota, made in Thailand tractor. They use a 14 horsepower tak, tak diesel. I didn't like them because they are two wheel drive only and they are belt driven. (long belts). The later ones have a power take off and can drive a rear three point hitch mower. They cost about 150,000 baht new.

Thanks Gary.,

I have found a source locally in Nakhon Sawan. 'Thai Som Boon' a local tractor dealer import secondhand kubotas direct from Japan that have been resprayed and checked with anything from 1300 -2500 hours for around Baht 80,000 including a rear PTO connected slasher. Its not ideal for me but may be the best option. They can also get new Murray rideons from the USA for about B 200,000. If you're interested I will send you their contact details. As you say there is not a big choice. I am about to go and see a local golfcourse to see what they do as well.

Tim

hello tim

why dont you browse this site WWW.JSSR.CO.TH

they have big auctions in bangkok about every 2 months

quite often they have rideon grass cutters for auction along

with tractors,bulldozers,golf karts etc

hello tim

why dont you browse this site WWW.JSSR.CO.TH

they have big auctions in bangkok about every 2 months

quite often they have rideon grass cutters for auction along

with tractors,bulldozers,golf karts etc

Thanks Soap,

I'll do that and see what I can find. Yes I think you're right Gary about Murrays. I seem to remember hearing that in the distant past. I've used Cox and Kubotas before - the Kubota was the best for a sizeable area. Thanks again to you both.

Tim

• 2 years later...

I looked around up here in NongKhai, found the same thing, 200k baht for an import ride-on. On a recent trip to ChiangMai I stopped and bought fuel at a little gas station in th mountains near Loie, I saw a local using a type of a walk tractor with a mowing blade on it that had a very small trailer with a seat on it behind it, the setup wasn't really overly large and it didn't look home-made either, looked like it worked pretty well, I wish I would have asked them about it but I was pushed for time.