Vehicle as determined by Thailand

450rguy

I am working my way to Thailand, and want to take my baby with me. She is an 87 chevy SWB V10 I've had her since high school, and plan to restore her one last time. With that in mind.... who far disassembled must a vehicle to be considered "parts"? I am considering the idea of having a container dropped at the yard and tearing it down in the box. I am also wanting to taking a couple other engines. I cant help but think a creative guy could do so, and restore the truck over there.

Screenshot_20210716-025342_Gallery.jpg

• Haha 2

Once you reassemble it you will have to register it to drive and, at that point, you will be hit with the, what, 200% 300% duty plus vat on the price of the truck when it was new.  And you will probably be charged with illegally importing a vehicle.  DON'T DO IT.

I admittedly know next to nothing.  So do due diligence and lots of research; I think you will find I mostly correct.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2021 at 7:10 PM, canthai55 said:

Import of second hand vehicles came to a halt a few years ago

His plan is to import used parts, not a second hand vehicle, he'd be disassembling it before it got here.   Having said that, he does seem to think that Thai Customs are daft!

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Confused 1

This is just about impossible. If you attempt it you will need VERY deep pockets and you will wish you hadn't bothered.

You MIGHT get the parts in, but once assembled you will not be able to register it for road use as there is no record of the vehicle having been imported.

Do come back and let us know how you get on if you go ahead.

Edited by Lancashirelad
added last sentence
  • Like 1