Protest against PM in Pattaya by Thai Mai Thon group

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

Whoever replaced Prayuth couldn't do any worse.

IMHO a lot would depend on who wins the election despite the governments manipulation of the result, and if another military coup were to take place  before or after an election.

If it were blatantly rigged like the last one there could well be a lot more people on the streets

Anutin could Prawit could just two of the 1001 DPM's ????

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, RichardColeman said:
19 hours ago, steven100 said:

OMG that's scary    !!    but i doubt it'll ever happen .....  Prayut is too cunning to let that happen.    imo

My facebook is today full of posts from Thai's calling Prayut a narcissist !

Unfortunately, history teaches us that narcism alone has never been the grounds for a successful coup, insurrection or even an impeachment. But nice to see the hoi-poloi are forging some sort of unity and a step up from 'he dyes his hair'.

Edited by NanLaew
sp

16 hours ago, jcmj said:

I’ll take Mr. T any day. He certainly had his flaws, but was great for the foreigners. 

I may be wrong here, but did Mr T not start this farcical 90 day reporting nonsense which treats foreigners as if they are criminals.?

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I may be wrong here, but did Mr T not start this farcical 90 day reporting nonsense which treats foreigners as if they are criminals.?

I did say I may be wrong, but I read it here on Thaivisa.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Actually he didn't start it as it has been on the statue books for donkeys years. He may have restarted it but IIRC back in the early noughties it wasn't required.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2021 at 7:28 AM, steven100 said:

exactly,   but thaivisa members always know what's right and what thailand must have.    lol

look at the USA for a good example..... kicked out Orange Man and vaccinations and infections started to improve

• Like 2

On 7/18/2021 at 1:41 PM, impulse said:

Your statement is based on the premise that he's actually calling the shots and isn't just the public face of those who really do.

The problem with Thai politicians who actually call the shots is that they don't last long before they're ousted.

I made no statement. I asked questions. Some understood why.

• Haha 1

On 7/18/2021 at 1:39 PM, steven100 said:

To answer your questions truthfully,  there is no easy one fix solution to the Covid19 global epidemic as every country is now struggling to contain and manage effectively. Look at the US, and the UK at present with number escalating to their highest daily numbers for those becoming infected and deaths, look at italy, India.  Could the situation have been handled better, yes of course it could have,  the vaccine procurement could have been handled better,  but did Khun Prayut have a crystal ball so he could confirm a third wave of the virus was imminent.

Did any other PM that your aware of handle things so differently that it's impact wasn't felt ? Do other countries have a readied supply of vaccines.? I think most will be waiting months if not into next year.  I think lockdowns are essential to help curb the spread of the virus,  also, I read where Australia has developed a 10 minute Covid19 test result, so if millions of these kits were available to households at least those infected could seek treatment instead of continued transmission outside.  This coupled with vaccine rollout .....  a double whammy approach is the only way to knock Covid on the head. imo     

You did not answer any of my questions. You just tried to deflect.

What do you think of Prayut's current performance? No reply.

Do you thing he, as the COVID-19 Czar, has discharged his duty to the public in an exemplary manner, in terms of the handling of the COVID-19 crisis, to include the nation's economy and health?  Your reply was.... if he had a crystal ball.

Is it that you see him as the best of a bad lot or do you think all his decisions have been wise is this regard? A bit of obfuscation here possibly covered by the crystal ball question.

What are your views on the decision to allow people to travel widely for Songkran? No reply.

You intimate that he is cunning and intelligent etc, but instead of using the traits that you insist that he has, you now state that he would instead need a crystal ball.

What is your opinion of Thamanat Prompow, also known as Thammanat Prompao, Yuthaphum Bophlom, Manat Bophlom, and Patchara Prompao being the "main artery" in Prayuth's government? Another one who appears to be rather frugal with the truth.

He described himself thus: https://web.archive.org/web/20190911193303/https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2019/09/10/world/asia/10reuters-thailand-politics.html

and the position he has been given within the party seems to confirm that.

Also read about other MPs claiming that he helped them out with cash...

Is intelligence and cunning used only to enrich themselves? I ask because I don't see any plan to revive the economy other than the patently ridiculous.

Has your opinion of the man and the party changed over the years?

I ask you because you seem to be very positive about all he does. So perhaps you would be best to know of and understand his achievements.

So far, it's not looking good. Try again.

You can answer my questions honestly or you can choose to stay silent....up to you.

• Like 2