TMB mobile app 'review and confirm your details' fails each time!

I have an account with TMB bank, and usually make transactions using their mobile app, since I'm living in Laos.

For the past month or so, when I log onto their mobile app, a pop-up message appears asking me to review and confirm my personal details, since TMB has merged with  TTB (Thanachat Bank).

So I click to review and then click to confirm that all my details are correct.  Then I receive an error message and am prompted to try again.  I click to again confirm that my details are all correct and now I get an error message that the process has failed, but not to worry because the bank application engineers have been informed!

Well, those engineers must be asleep, because this error is never corrected, and nor am I contacted by the bank.  I have tried dozens of times to confirm that my details are correct, and each time I receive the same error message.

Their mobile app advises that the app will cease to function on July 31st if I do not confirm my personal details...

So I contact TMB customer services by email/webform.  They ignore my comments about their mobile app error and tell me to call their help desk.  The telephone number that they provide me with, especially for overseas customers, also fails each time and doesn't connect.....

So you can imagine that I am totally frustrated with their useless service.  It simply means that from August 1st, I no longer bank my monthly salary with them (which I'm sure, will not cause them to lose sleep!).

Useless bunch!

I also bank with TTB (was TMB). They want you to go in person to your branch with the relevant identification. Even if you managed to get through on any of their contact numbers and explained until blue in the face that nothing had changed, they still want you to go in person.

35 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Thanks buddy missed that. ????????????

Yep exactly!  These muppets assume that anyone can pop into their bank in person.  Even if I were in Thailand, what with lockdown etc rules, it's hardly what I would want to do.  Certainly, I'd need to quarantine on my return to Laos.

I still have my Bangkok Bank account, which works fine for now, and receives funds that I withdraw from my Thai Paypal account - which I then have to withdraw in Lao kip cash at a local ATM in Luang Prabang.  All these processes add on fees from my meagre income, and Paypal can't be linked to a Lao bank account.

But luckily Payoneer can link to a Lao USD account, and I've just managed (after weeks of effort and numerous documents), to link my local bank account.  So after TTB suspends my mobile app usage in about 2 weeks, I'll receive my iTalki.com income into Payoneer, and then withdraw it directly to my bank account in Laos.  No more Paypal fees, no more use of Thai bank accounts.  My local bank manager is 100 times more intelligent, friendly and helpful than the ones that I have in Thailand ????

19 hours ago, sungod said:

maybe the app sees you are not in Thailand, therefore considers confirming your details a security risk?

For my part, they don't need to confirm anything, since all my details haven't changed from what is shown on the mobile app.  It's not as if I'm trying to change my PIN or mobile number etc....  Still KYC applies, but they won't need to 'know me', because I'll just swap to another of my banks who obviously knows me better!